New Overland Series Truck Cap by A.R.E.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
+1 on the insulation interest. I am in the planning stages of a cross country round trip overland style, and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to pull a trailer or if I'm going to add a cap, deck it out for sleeping / basic meal creation and add storage on top via a Yakima or similar. In other words, I'm shopping caps as we speak. Insulation is tops on the priority list...

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too am convinced I need a cap. I am currently looking at this overland series as well as the snugtop xtr option. Both look great but it is my first cap and I will add a bed rug to either. I have dogs that will travel in back but also want he covered and secure storage. I like the screened windows from are that he snugtop lacks and the local option to take delivery but I have to say I lean a bit to he exterior look of the snugtop.

OP
OP
A

aretruckcaps

Reaction score
Don't forget we also have Pet Screen Protectors available as an option! Helps keep your dogs safe and your screen intact!

Thanks, Andy

CJDRECv.jpg

OP
OP
A

aretruckcaps

Reaction score
How far out is delivery time and what's the pricing on the base cap?

We are just now getting up to speed on production of the Overland Series. We are anticipating having produced models delivered in 3-4 weeks initially and once we are comfortable with the manufacturing process we will be down to our standard 2-3 week leadtimes.

Base model pricing will be right around the $1,500 mark. Options like the roof racks, window upgrades, etc will alter that number.

If anyone is considering an order for the new Overland Series, feel free to private message me or email me at [email protected]

Thanks, Andy

ditchpanther

Reaction score
Thank you Andy with A.R.E.

Big thanks to Andy! I ordered my truck cap and it turned out great! I like the looks of it, it fits perfectly, no leaks in a helluva rainstorm last week and lighter rain over the weekend. Andy was very helpful in answering questions and hooking me up with a discount (he's the real deal --- contact him). The build quality is very nice, color matches the truck perfectly. That's about it for my review now. Looks sharp and kept all my gear nice and dry too. Pricing is exactly as stated above, but I did shop two dealers and found a $500 price difference that first dealer would not match.

Ordered truck end of April 2013. Delivered end of August 2013. Has Ford factory spray in bed liner which I am also very pleased with. Can't remember for sure, but I think topper took about one month from order date to delivery (to dealer). Photo attached.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 1,965