Raptor Roundup - July 16, 2011 - New Mexico

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CleverGirl

Reaction score
Hey Kelsey,
I'm going to try and make this Raptor GTG.
I go to Denver almost every month, so I will try and make that week my Denver week. I can hook up with Bad Ass Raptor Chick, and maybe a couple other Denver Owners, and we can convoy down to ABQ NM ?? It would be fun to meet you.

2012 Order Bank looks to be pretty close to 8/15

randy

PS.... How about some Rudy's BBQ
Albuquerque, NM - Carlisle

2321 Carlisle NE
Albuquerque, NM - Carlisle 87110
Phone: 505-884-4000
Hours:
Everyday 10:00AM-10:00PM

That sounds awesome, it would be cool to meet you and other FRF members. Hope you can make it out!

Rudy's has some pretty darn good BBQ- good call. If you guys also want some authentic NM food I can definitely hook you up!

CleverGirl

Reaction score
Woo! Just got registered for the 12:00- 2:00pm slot. I can't wait, Rudy's will be legit.

^^I'd really like to hear the straight pipes Bad Ass Raptor Chick has on her truck..siick!

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
I'm gonna go ahead and weigh in on this with my opinion based off of being at the past 2 Round-Up's. Honestly, if you don't have a Raptor and want to know what they're about, crawl all over one and even drive it, then it could be a cool time. If you're already an owner and look forward to tearing it up on the race track in your own, don't bother. The first round-up was a great time and they had Ford engineer's who worked on the Raptor ride around the track with you. They were telling us to hit the table top at 45mph. Needless to say, it was a good time getting sideways around turns and letting it rip. The second round-up that was held here in Phoenix was a super watered down insurance fest. Top speed on the track (a LOORRS track mind you) was 35mph. 3.......5........mph. And if you didn't hear that the many times they told you in the "none of you know what you're doing" safety brief, they actually put up speed limit signs on the track. Owners had a specific time that they were to go out on the track but it became a cluster f and you found yourself going around asking who to talk to about being able to go out. I don't know if the VORE guys will be handling this one but most of them seem to carry a holyier than though approach and act as if a currennt owner doesn't know what to do. For instance, they wanted to get a video and aerial photo of some Raptors going around the track together. Instead of letting current owners or even some other folks drive around the track, they put the whole thing on hold so that the VORE guys could drive the trucks around the track and get the pics taken. C'mon, let the fans be bit more involved. It very much catered to people who didn't own one and the engineers who had showed at the first weren't at this one either. It was mostly all the VORE guys that rode with you. Now some would be a little bit more leniant on the speed limit but not by alot. I myself got to run twice on the track (as opposed to multiple times at the first one) and ended up getting asked to leave the track on my second time out. Why? Because I decided to pitch the tail end around through a couple of turns and let my exhaust sing a song or two. I had a ton of people come to me and say it was good to see even a flash of how fun the truck could be and some even booed when the guy told me to come off the track. The best part of the event is meeting other raptor owners, so if that's what you're looking to do, then it's great. If you're looking to have a good time on a real race track, save your gas and car wash money, so not worth it. I will say the people that do show from Ford are very nice and talk to everybody and do their best to answer any questions. I was just hugely disappointed with the track time, attitude of some of the VORE people, it being a blatant safety fest (which I can understand to an extent) and owners being put on the back burner. Just my honest .02.

Last edited:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard the first one was cool but the second one sucked. I'm not even sure if the place they're having it at (Sandia) has a off road track. I know Sandia has a dirt oval and autocross stuff but... What are we supposed to do in the Raptor, drive around in circles on the dirt oval?? I doubt i'll sign up to drive if I go. I think I'll go just to meet some other Raptor folks from the net.

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I signed up for this a while back. Where is everyone staying?
A Raptor takeover at some hotel would be great. I'll be there a day early because of the drive.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
God I want to go so bad. But, the 17th is my wife's birthday, her parents are coming into town and staying at our house the 13th through the 18th, and I've got to be in Hotlanta for business the 13th and 14th (already in hot water with the wife for missing the first two days of her parents' visit).

Maybe we can have a small get together her in CO this summer next time Randy is out?? If not, I'll just have to wait until the next rally...

Matt