FRF Military Appreciation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
I have read that some off road magazine was sending off road lights because of IED's blowing their lights apart. Not sure if this is still an issue. Maybe finding out what they need in the field ?

But totally agreed when your out in no where it get's lonley and you think nobody cares. I am not out too far when I drive but it does happen. Maybe some would hook up as like pen pals, what would you call that these days ? chat buddys ?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The RW put together a huge order of stuff from Amazon to send directly to the unit, but then found out it couldn't be directly mailed to an APO address. Not sure what's up with that?

Anyway, she's having it send to the house, then we will send it from there.

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i will send a mass email to all users regarding this on monday. i don't want to risk lack of exposure. ok with you BO?

Of course man. Good idea, the more gears we can get turning in this effort, the better.

Maybe next months photo contest could be "take a photo with a service man / woman"

That's also a good idea, I'll pass it along to Raptizzle and Ironman, they run all photo contests.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
The RW put together a huge order of stuff from Amazon to send directly to the unit, but then found out it couldn't be directly mailed to an APO address. Not sure what's up with that?

Anyway, she's having it send to the house, then we will send it from there.

Got anything with lithium batteries in it? that's an instant no go. USPS just came out and say they will not ship anything with lithium batteries to APO. Amazon will tell you why they can't ship it also, there's usually a little link under the statement saying that they can't do it.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Got anything with lithium batteries in it? that's an instant no go. USPS just came out and say they will not ship anything with lithium batteries to APO. Amazon will tell you why they can't ship it also, there's usually a little link under the statement saying that they can't do it.

No batteries... It was really silly stuff like foot powder, headphones, and that same toy raptor I sent you...:crazy: S'ok though, we'll just repackage and ship:waytogo:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
That toy Raptor is awesome btw. I'm sure it'll have as big an effect on morale for whoever gets it as it did for me.

Wanted to put it here too. Anyone who has shipped something, please PM me so a thank you letter can be sent your way!

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Birdman, did you ever send that mass email?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:waytogo:

2638-img-0074.jpg

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Awesome pic Wilson. Going to drop you a PM shortly.

VARaptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to jump in on this... as a previous recipient of these group inspired care packages for my guys while we were deployed in Afghanistan, I can tell you these simple packages provide more enjoyment than you might ever think! It's not so much about what goes in the box, but all about feeling like folks (Americans in general) care about their work and sacrifice.

This is a great project! I'd like to help. If you need more addresses of where to send packages, please let me know.