LEX has been busy with vinyl wraps, and more

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lexmotorsports goodguy

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
3m brushed titanium 2001 BMW M5
173529391863781190_5LwNbAFS_c.jpg

3m satin black 2006 BMW 530i
06_bmw.png

3m gloss anthracite 1982 toyota
silver_toyota_wrap.png

2005+ Tacoma Lex bolt on front bumper
custom_built_truck.png

2007+ Lex bolt on Silverado bumpedr
front_silverado_bumper_0.png

3m Matte Pink Raptor 50
matte_pink_raptor_vinyl.png

3m Matte Black 2010 Camaro SS
matte_wrap_black.png

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Hey kind of unrelated but how much would it cost to wrap all the plastic and tank on a dirt bike?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
lexmotorsports goodguy

lexmotorsports goodguy

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey kind of unrelated but how much would it cost to wrap all the plastic and tank on a dirt bike?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

depends on the tank, and the bike, and condition of the plastic but generally around 350$

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

I've wondered quite a while what is the cost (material and labor) to wrap a car or truck.

every vehicle is a little different to wrap, some materials are more than others depending on the color and brand, our wraps range from $1500 for a small car with a standard 3m color up to $6500 ish for a limo using chrome.

Each job is assessed and priced accordingly to the vehicle and we always work with someone on the price if we are doing other work for them as well, and we also do our best to fit the customers budget.

our wraps generally take us 40+ hours to complete, we remove all lights, door handles, mirrors, and trim. Our goal is to have a seamless install and make it look like paint, and exceed our customers expectations.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Ok, next question, how durable would it be? Is it going to rip up the first time I lay it down, or bubble the first time it gets some gasoline on it? Also do you guys offer some kind of a warranty?

If I was to do it I'd be dropping of a full set of brand new plastics along with my airbox and gas tank off of my YZ426. I assume that'd make it a ton easier on you guys right?

Still no idea on the color I'd want or anything, I'm just starting to rebuild my bike and new plastics are one of the first steps, and I figure if a wrap will be durable enough it might not be a bad way to go.

OP
OP
lexmotorsports goodguy

lexmotorsports goodguy

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, next question, how durable would it be? Is it going to rip up the first time I lay it down, or bubble the first time it gets some gasoline on it? Also do you guys offer some kind of a warranty?

If I was to do it I'd be dropping of a full set of brand new plastics along with my airbox and gas tank off of my YZ426. I assume that'd make it a ton easier on you guys right?

Still no idea on the color I'd want or anything, I'm just starting to rebuild my bike and new plastics are one of the first steps, and I figure if a wrap will be durable enough it might not be a bad way to go.

it is durable, but it can scratch as well, this is not the 12mm vinyl that is used on a dirt bike graphics kit. this is only about 2mm thick.
as far as gas on it, I'm not sure I have not tested that out.
We offer a warranty on cars,trucks as far as our installation goes, but that does not cover driver error.

believe it or not it is not easier to wrap them off of the bike, its alot of wrestling with each piece to hold it and wrap it at the same time.
and I think bikes and quads are almost harder than a vehicle.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Alright thanks for the info. Sounds like it probably not the best idea for a dirt bike.