Giving back by helping a Veteran...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes Sir, the dealership knows what the deal is. They are discounting their labor rate a little and including a full detail, wax & buffing, carpet shampoo, etc. I would have used a smaller local shop, but I couldn't get one to take me seriously or even answer the phone over a three day period. Their loss I suppose.

That being said, an update on the fund raising. So far, there has been $450 donated toward their Christmas and $350 donated toward the repairs on his Suburban. I would post the names of those making the donations, but have not received permission to do so. I WILL say that the total number of contributors is small in comparison to the amounts they are donating! Those making donations have truly dug deep and helped out in big ways! There haven't been any small amounts donated at all. That being said, please note that even $5-10 donations help in every way. All donations, no matter how large or small are truly appreciated and will go toward the stated purpose.

THAT being said, I have decided that doing something like this for a Veteran during the Holidays will now be an ongoing annual event by Freedom Motorsports. I am putting up a website that should be ready tomorrow sometime specifically for this purpose and will make sure that all other companies participating will be properly represented there as well. Anyone with questions or concerns can contact me anytime via the contact information in my signature.

Thanks again to everyone for their support, donations and/or for sharing this thread wherever they can! I can tell you that the difference we are making in the lives of Vince and his family will be felt for a long time to come!

Awesome Chris. Night Raptor is always ready to help those who defend my rights! You can count on us for any future event.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

HiTechRedneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris - as a 3 tour Viet Nam Vet I certainly appreciate the way you and others are willing to help our veterans. Trust me, it was not always like this.
Thank you all for supporting our Vets!
You can expect a Paypal from me on Friday that you can use as you see fit - truck or Christmas.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Sir! And thank you to everyone who has gotten involved. Participation and support is growing rapidly from individuals and business owners alike. I have built a website to support the effort and have posted a link to that site below. I have also provided a page on that site that lists the companies that have decided to get involved in the project as well! Thank you to everyone! This project is going to serve to truly brighten the Holidays for Vince and his family!

Freedom Motorsports Veteran's Assistance Project | Freedom Motorsports Veteran's Assistance Project Proudly Supporting Service Connected Disabled Veterans

Support and attention to the current Veteran's Assistance Project is growing rapidly. We have currently received a number of donations from individuals and companies alike. One such company to join the efforts is Got Exhaust. After being contacted about participating, Eric didn't hesitate to provide donations to the project and has been supportive enough to provide a page on their website dedicated to promoting the project as well. I want to personally thank Eric for his participation on behalf of Vince and his family!

GotExhaust.com Co-Sponsors Freedom Motorsports Veterans Assistance Project

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

MORE UPDATES. The following companies have now signed on as cosponsors of the Veteran's Assistance project to help make the Holidays truly bright for Vince and his family. More are on the way, but I wanted to provide a shout out to those that have joined already with their donations!

Got Exhaust - Aftermarket Exhaust & Air Intakes

www.whitestarindustries.com

Synthetic Motorsports Offers EFI Live Custom Tuning, AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants, Edge, MBRP, AFE, Volant, Bully Dog, & MORE! , A Leader In Aftermarket Performance & Synthetic Lubrication Products & Information

Frederick and Washington, DC Buick GMC Dealer in Gaithersburg, MD | King Buick GMC

I have also put up a website for the project as I have now decided to make this an annual project to help a deserving veteran each year for the Holidays. Please check out the website and provide your suggestions, recommendations and donations as you can. Thanks again.

Freedom Motorsports Veteran's Assistance Project | Freedom Motorsports Veteran's Assistance Project Proudly Supporting Service Connected Disabled Veterans

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple of updates for everyone. I will have pics available tomorrow of more Christmas cards that have come in for Vince and his family, on their behalf, thank you ALL!

As for Vince's Suburban, we have now confirmed that a company by the name of "Trick Trucks" has donated a full grill/brush guard for the front of Vince's Suburban. Procomp has also donated a front leveling kit and a full set of brand new offroad shocks. I am working on more for his truck and we are definitely in a time crunch to get this all done so that we can give his truck back by Christmas, but it is definitely coming together.

Also. The dealership, King Buick GMC of Gaithersburg MD is going to be producing a professional video of the "reveal" when Vince receives his truck back as well as calling on their local media to cover the event. I will be using the video for promotions online on the Veteran's Assistance Project website at Freedom Motorsports Veteran's Assistance Project | Freedom Motorsports Veteran's Assistance Project Proudly Supporting Service Connected Disabled Veterans and social media, etc. Once it is available I will provide before and after pics and the video for viewing here as well.

I want to personally thank everyone here that has sent Christmas cards and those that have made donations. Besides the repairs and upgrades to Vince's Suburban, the outpouring of support for them on a personal level from everyone has been tremendous and has proven to them that there are a lot of people out there that truly do care! I have already been able to send several hundred dollars to Vince for Christmas shopping due to the generosity of everyone and it has already made a huge difference for him and his family!