Big thanks to Dave @ KHC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad you were back on the road Bird. And you are right it was awesome on KHC and Dylan's part. It was like they had done this 1000 times before already. Best part is, now I know how to take apart an assembly, and I didn't have to learn on my truck.....

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I also owe a shout out to KHC.

I was getting some major wheel rubbing on the passenger side. Corey from RPG helped me to pin point the issue.

While I was working on trying to tighten the lower control arm bolt, KHC offered to help reposition the wheel and get it all tightened back up. They came out of no where and has the truck back on track in no time.

Thank you very much. And thank you for the custom Havoc in the Hills t shirts.

Definitely an awesome vendor on the EAST coast.

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

Hey Joe. I'm also rubbing bad at full lock but on driver's side. I've assumed that it's my fender liner out of whack since that hit in the dunes but now that I think about it, I think something else may be amiss.

So it was just the LCA out of position/ not torqued properly on yours? Where were you rubbing?

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
kc hilites cyclone637]Joe, I have found it very helpful to mark the outside of the LCA bolts with a sharpie or indelible paint. You can then eyeball them from time to time to make sure they have not moved or shifted. Those LCA's need to be ft.[/QUOTE]

I just purchased the camber/caster bolts and I plan to do exact that. I noticed others that had the blogs, and you could clearly see where they had marked theirs. Just one of the tips I picked up at Havoc.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yes I have the assignment cams. I use to mark them, but after each run I need a front end alignment. The marks were getting confusing. The reason the bolt came loose was due to not being able to get a proper torque on the nut. I may end up ditching the cams if this happens again.

Rich, measure the distance between your tire and your front bumper on both sides, that should give you a quick indication if the tire is out of whack. Mine was real obvious once I started looking at it.

There was another guy there that almost lost his lower control arm bolt. It was almost backed all the way out. KHC helped him to. I wonder if he had the alignment cams.

Also, I saw that someone noticed their LCA bolt was loose after getting home. Once again, did he have the alignment cams?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
since we are talking about cams I am pretty much done with trying to keep cams tight. Mine loosend up also. I am working on lower control arm pocket skids that will weld in place and wrap up the holes eliminating the slotted holes. You will need adjustable uppers though. I am doing bracing and a skid plate.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
For what it's worth, my lower arm bolts have never moved and they are pushed all the way out because I lengthened my upper ICON arm to gain wheel track. We laid on them with an impact gun during my initial alignment after installing the ICON front 3.0s and they have not moved since. As a matter of fact, after replacing the bent spindle my alignment is still nearly perfect after Havoc.