My impressions about the pulley sizes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have used all three sizes that Whipple recommends for my stock setup.

The 3.625, 3.500, and 3.375

The feel for extra power with each size you go down is minimal with each size giving 10 -12 extra RWHP same in Torque

My breakdown is as follows:

3.625 = If you want to stay incognito this is the size you want, the Whine/Boost starts at around 1800 to 1900 rpms.
Meaning you can drive all day without hearing it if you baby it.
It will give you the smoothest ride of all three without even thinking about how you step on the GO pedal. (That is until you mash the GO pedal)

3.500 = This comes standard now and I used this one for the longest time so far, Whine/Boost starts at 1500rpms.
If you’re real careful with the GO foot, your passengers will never notice.

3.375 = Is an upgrade option, I think most should try it. Whine/Boost starts at 1100 rpm.
If you’re into making noise with chirping off the line at every light and want instant Boost at the slightest tap of the throttle this is the one for you.
I have been driving around for five weeks now with the 3.375, it is fun!,
but if you drive people around a lot you will turn them into bobble heads if you don’t take care of your GO foot. LOL

I wish I could tell you how each one reacts in dirt and sand and rock climbing but as you guys know my Raptor is still a Street Queen for now.

2012-10-25_13-31-09_989.jpg

Last edited:

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MTF or Whipple, how much boost do each of the different pulley sizes run?

Last edited:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks for taking the time to make this thread MTF. i actually like how its more of a real world take on it rather than a company just throwing numbers out.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's my goal!

Now I have to say I did go back to the 3.500 because I'm still with full stock exhaust and I want to keep my boost as low as possible.

When I finally throw the hammer down and get the full SW headers and exhaust, I will be putting the 3.375 pulley back on.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know, I'm not 100% sure if Ford uses a cat-back muffler. If it cost more probably not. LOL
I believe most owners are replacing the stock muffler with a cat-back one. You have the check out the exhaust thread.
But what ever they throw on in the factory that's what I have.

Last edited:

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have catback delete, you can unbolt everything downstream of the cats and pull it out fairly easily, I did it myself in my driveway in about half an hour, and that was with trying to figure everything out and having to use jacks and jackstands, no lift, catback is anything downstream of the cats, not just aftermarket systems