DIY Shady Tree Whipple Install Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rbarn, thanks for the great thread and all of the information. We picked up our raptor yesterday, and are looking forward to the whipple.

One thing I noticed in the manual--4th gear is 1:1.14--not a true 1:1. I wonder how that effects dyno pulls and dynojet numbers. To really get a good understanding you would need before and afters or a different type of dyno.

OP
OP
R

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I noticed in the manual--4th gear is 1:1.14--not a true 1:1. I wonder how that effects dyno pulls and dynojet numbers. To really get a good understanding you would need before and afters or a different type of dyno.

The difference is negligible. Dyno numbers are never 100% accurate anyway. Remember its just a tuning tool. The engines make +/- 600 crank hp at 10psi.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's more like 680 fwhp +/-
Don't forget we have 35" dia. tires that kills the RWHP # numbers.

Just for laughs I would like to see someone put 28" or even 30" dia.
(to make it more like a car or even the Lighting) on the rear and then do a Dyno.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's more like 680 fwhp +/-
Don't forget we have 35" dia. tires that kills the RWHP # numbers.

Not that much. General rule of thumb is 20hp per 1psi of boost on most modern high efficiency engines. 10psi would add 200hp. So that works out about right for 600-625fwhp and the real world dyno result we are seeing.

With LT's and full exhaust it probably would be pushing more like 650-675fwhp. Cant imagine how loud these trucks must be with a whipple and LT's, lol

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My SDHQ - 250amp alternator arrived. Last part I was waiting on. If you plan on doing any extra lights, fans or winches in the future now is the time to upgrade it since it is buried under the super charger.

170 amps at idle and hot. Stock puts out 60amps at idle

So even with like one light bar you need the upgraded alternator?

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has there been a more detailed write up of a super charger install? Or a video? Or even a downloadable install manual? I've been searching and this is about the best I can find. Whipple is next on the list and I'm trying to see what I'm getting myself into. I would probably install myself to save money and there are no decent shops anywhere remotely close to me. A step by step would be awesome haha