Protect from winter conditions ei. Salt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, looking to buy a raptor. I'm doing tons of research and everything I see that winter kills these shocks. Is there a way to protect the finish and the internals from the road salt and winter conditions? Thank you.

D

Deleted member 12951

Coat them.
Some will say AMSOil HD metal protector but it does leave a yellowing film. I use it for everything else besides the shocks. On the shocks been using BoeShield T-9 since it goes on clear.

OP
OP

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coat them.
Some will say AMSOil HD metal protector but it does leave a yellowing film. I use it for everything else besides the shocks. On the shocks been using BoeShield T-9 since it goes on clear.

Anything permanent like a decal or something like that. Also what about a shock boot?

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BoeShield T-9 or Fluid Film are great for protection from salt. I use them on my jetski to protect from saltwater and they work great. Used T9 on my shocks prior to heading up north for a few weeks in the winter and it did its job. I also have my truck parked on the water and use it to drop in my jetski and the T9 has done its job. I just spray them down every few months.

D

Deleted member 12951

Anything permanent like a decal or something like that. Also what about a shock boot?

Haven't tried it but guess you could. I have enough vendor stickers still that I could wrap both my rear shocks in decals, lol. Wonder if anyone has ever tried 3M clear bra type stuff, hmm.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you use them for heavy offroading I would not want to cover them in vinyl. You want the metal to transmit the heat away and wrapping them would instead insulate them