Fox 3.0 Shock Settings & Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whatever Jarrett set my shocks to, I love them. If you can't buy all the shocks at once, I think I would recommend buying the rears first. It has made a big difference

RV-Junke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm currently at 1.5 turns from bottom for rebound, 3 turns on long tube and 2 turns on short tube from bottoming out (full in)

It's still stiff for what I want. I want a bit softer and a slow rebound, no pogo sticking here. 70% of my driving is on pavement.

Any recommendations for a soft slow rebound set up?

I'm at

4-turns, long blue
3-turns, short blue
2-turns, red

It works for me. :). My question is what internal valve is in the RPG setup and can you dial them in more by changing those, or are they the factory standard? Also mine pitted so bad this winter in NJ, I have to send back to Fox to be refinished. As such I was going to order a new set with the Quick adjustments put thos on while the others get fixed. Then have a winter set since they got so trashed. The valuing is the big question.

RV-Junke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RPG valving is different than the Fox valving.

If you get some Amsoil MPHD you can spray it on ghee shocks and it will help protect it. Hit up Chris at Freedommotor Sports.

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

Will do...Thanks! These are BEYOND help...they are so frigging pitted. They look like crap. I just send RPG a message to see if I can buy another set of just the Bypass shocks so I can send these back to Fox. ARGH!

hackleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have rpg rear fox 3.0 shocks, i have tried most of the settings on this thread. my truck currently is 4 turns from closed on compression and 3 from closed on rebound. my truck makes small bumps feel very very rough, and i have significant wheel hop on hard acceleration. any one have a suggestion for tuning them? I am assuming the setting suggestions on this thread are for stock springs. I have deaver +2s.

my 3.0 rear fox shocks are from RPG and are currently at 200 psi