Fox 3.0 Shock Settings & Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAYBIRDNLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What bypass tube settings are you set at (valving)?
Long Tube (compression, blue) - factory setting - 3 turns from fully closed
Short Tube (compression, blue) - 1.5 turns from fully closed (increase damping)
Short Tube (Rebound, red) - 4 turns from open

On the BLUE tubes.. I assume that one is high speed compression and one is Low speed compression, with the short being the HIGH speed compression. Is this correct?

RV-Junke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do the Fox 3.0 handle regular road driving. Better worse or same as stock Fox setup on 2012 super crew. I am considering doing the Stage 4 setup and know it will be great off road. I am more concerned on road. Also assuming it elliminates most of the wheel hop.

FOX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How do the Fox 3.0 handle regular road driving. Better worse or same as stock Fox setup on 2012 super crew. I am considering doing the Stage 4 setup and know it will be great off road. I am more concerned on road. Also assuming it elliminates most of the wheel hop.

When we set out to develop the Fox 3.0 SVT Raptor system we never forgot that 90% of the time the truck is used as a daily driver. Out of all the 3.0" systems on the market, we use the softest spring rate. By utilizing a soft spring, we are able take full advantage of the Internal By-Pass system and tune the effective ride zone to be very plush and comfortable for daily driving and wash board type of roads, yet still have the power required to handle the full compression and rebound zones. I think the best way to describe the on-road mannerism of the shock is confident and composed. Harshness over small pot holes and speed bumps go away and the overall feel is very confidence inspiring.

Hope this helps give you a better understanding.

Thanks

Fox

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fox can you give us a rundown on the adjustability. I.e. does ******** the adjustment screw in stiffen the compression or soften it. For the rebound ******** in speed up or decrease the rebound speed. The manual provided doesn't say which direction does what.

FOX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Fox can you give us a rundown on the adjustability. I.e. does ******** the adjustment screw in stiffen the compression or soften it. For the rebound ******** in speed up or decrease the rebound speed. The manual provided doesn't say which direction does what.

Here is a very simple explanation of what the screw does on the rear bypass tube. If you were to tighten the screws all the way until their closed you would be stiffening the shock. A good way to start your tuning process is to close all the tubes and then take your run. Try to test on the same part of trail and start opening them about .5 turns from there. Basically when you start to open the tube, you are beginning to allow the fluid to flow back into the low pressure zone of the piston. The more you open the tube, the more fluid will flow and reduce the stiffness of the shock so to speak. If you go to far, you run the risk of blowing through the stroke making the ride feel harsh because you may slam into the bump zone of the shock.

You really want to pay attention to how the truck is behaving. Make small adjustments, document your turns and keep tinkering until you have it just where you want it.

Thanks

Fox

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm currently at 1.5 turns from bottom for rebound, 3 turns on long tube and 2 turns on short tube from bottoming out (full in)

It's still stiff for what I want. I want a bit softer and a slow rebound, no pogo sticking here. 70% of my driving is on pavement.

Any recommendations for a soft slow rebound set up?

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^ if I understand correctly, you probably want to keep the rebound tube (red) where it is, and start to open the longer blue tube.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm currently at 1.5 turns from bottom for rebound, 3 turns on long tube and 2 turns on short tube from bottoming out (full in)

It's still stiff for what I want. I want a bit softer and a slow rebound, no pogo sticking here. 70% of my driving is on pavement.

Any recommendations for a soft slow rebound set up?

Luke,

Try both compression's at 4 and leave the rebound where it is.

J