WSI lightbar rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Bump...

Any thoughts regarding DDSMECH1's idea of a "custom plastic spacer in the shape of the rail grooves"?

Actually my comment. Yeah I would still like something and would be happy to try something out. Wonder if just a rectangle thick piece of rubber would do the trick?

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually my comment. Yeah I would still like something and would be happy to try something out. Wonder if just a rectangle thick piece of rubber would do the trick?

Problem Fixed... "All Else Fails, Read the Directions..."

Had a few drinks tonight and didn't pick up on that until you mentioned it... Thanx...

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanx Huck.

That seems to be able to do the trick. One would just want to make sure they've got a steady hand when it comes to the Router. At those prices there is little room for error... =)

D

Deleted member 12951

Negative you can get Teflon block from McMaster Carr, grainger etc. comes on variety of shapes and thickness and length, it has low compressibility, it'll hold several hundreds of pounds. Comes in black or white typically. It's soft enough for regular cutting tools. A router table saw etc,

Measure the gaps on the bed. Setup a strait edge and set the depth of you router blade and do it.

Your over thinking it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huck, if you make it, I'll buy it.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can mill it in a few weeks. I'm in the fatherland for a while

I had cut rubber for mine, but might go this route instead actually.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can easily be done. Just get some black Teflon and a router and get at it

Just a thought/question. Why Teflon instead of HDPE or some other more reasonably priced and easily machinable material?

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Thanx Huck.

That seems to be able to do the trick. One would just want to make sure they've got a steady hand when it comes to the Router. At those prices there is little room for error... =)

No need for steady hands. Jig it and use a router table or even cut grooves on a table saw. At the price of that material it would be cheaper to make it out of ironwood or a similar imported wood. I know wood on a truck sound silly but you really won't see it much. Besides if you have ever used it you would understand why it got the name ironwood. It will outlast the truck in the elements.