Wsi diy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Offroading to me, is an activity that draws people from many walks of life, but one similarity is always present, the need to test the limits and see what you and your truck are capable of. No matter how available the vendors are there to provide you guys with the best assembled proucts, we will never kill that desire that you guys possess to build your own vehicles.

I am speaking from experience, I began offroading out in the deserts and mountains of So-Cal about 12 years ago, and I can count on one hand the number of times I had a shop install or build something for my offroad rig, and that stands true to this day.

That being said, I am going to begin offering many of my products as a DIY. I realise most of you have well equipped garages, but lack that bender or press brake, to give it that final touch. However, everything can still be purchased as a fully welded product, if you so choose.

I am using the WSI 2 tire rack as an example, I will offer this for $350 as its shown in the pic (only thing not shown are bed mounting brackets, need to make a run of those). The tubes aren't coped either, (I can cope them, $30, but you might want to configure the rack differently and the copes potentially won't work) which will put the total tools required at a small hobby welder and an angle grinder with discs. This could be a great father-son project, or a good weekend project for you and your buddies before TRR!!. shipping should be pretty cheap also, as this should fit into a box, and go through UPS. Nighthawk is being shown as an example, but can be sent to you as a DIY also.

Also being shown in the pic is a plate that allows you to mount a tire (thats extra), in case you wanted to configure the rack differently, and I'll post pics of other ways to configure this rack.

Can't wait to see you guys at TRR

-Jimmy

Attachments

• IMAG0536.jpg
    IMAG0536.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMAG0537.jpg
    IMAG0537.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_6727.jpg
    IMG_6727.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 149
  • IMAG0421.jpg
    IMAG0421.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 142
OP
OP
Allied Offroad

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will even offer the rollcage as a DIY, however at that point I would recommend it just be a weld in. that way guys could add all the tubes they think this cage needs, LOL! Tube the steering wheel in, haha!

We'd do $2600 on that, but all we could do is suggest how you assemble it. It's all 2" DOM. And would be based on the bolt-in cage.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another configuration, I'll get a pic of a finished one.

That's absolutely genious man! I love this single tire rack! And for that price shit if spend more than half that in material to make it myself! Is there room behind it for fuel cans and a box maybe. Or maye you could make the tire part a little longer to place the tire towards the rear more so you could get some fuel cans and all back ther? What would something like that cost in the DIY set up?

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Oh and is that a 40" light mounted on the the rack above the roof?

OP
OP
Allied Offroad

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's absolutely genious man! I love this single tire rack! And for that price shit if spend more than half that in material to make it myself! Is there room behind it for fuel cans and a box maybe. Or maye you could make the tire part a little longer to place the tire towards the rear more so you could get some fuel cans and all back ther? What would something like that cost in the DIY set up?

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Oh and is that a 40" light mounted on the the rack above the roof?

Let me think about it Pat. What you see there has over 12 more pieces, 4 of them having a bend as well as 2 tabs that I have to get burned and formed. I would have to be around $800 on all that, maybe a little cheaper. Yes its a 40" in the pic.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Oh and I'll get you some pics of that configuration