White Star Industries is proud to announce a bolt in roll cage for the Ford Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Allied Offroad

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more thing, I am very much a subscriber to the idea , no cage is better than a bad one. This is going to be as appropriately triangulated and gusseted and fastened that is possible inside the cab of a no interior removed Raptor.

Just because you have this cage, or any cage, in a somewhat stock Raptor, doesn't mean you have a trophy truck! You have to drive within your limits and the vehicles, and if your doing that, but you have an "oh shit" moment, this cage will protect you. If the day you get your 2013 and install this cage, then head straight to the desert for the first time ever and do 120, bad things are bound to happen.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Wow nice work!

WSI: can you speak to the bolt in verses weld in approach?

I ask because in my experience bolting in, while very very convenient, isn't necessarily considered the best approach in terms of safety. I assume you can address that concern within the context of your design?

Sure Big J! I originally started playing with the idea of a bolt in cage but didnt think it was feasible until I was able to find some pieces that allowed for a very secure connection at the "bolt-in " sections. Several members, have seen these connection pieces, and I feel they were impressed by them. They are very stout. I will have more pictures of these pieces when I get closer to finishing.

If the members whom I've shown these too, would like to share their opinions, feel free to.

BTW BiG J, my buddy that has been helping me with this is 6'7 , 280lbs and he felt comfortable inside this cage. I met you briefly at TRR, and remember your on the taller side of the spectrum

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sure Big J! I originally started playing with the idea of a bolt in cage but didnt think it was feasible until I was able to find some pieces that allowed for a very secure connection at the "bolt-in " sections. Several members, have seen these connection pieces, and I feel they were impressed by them. They are very stout. I will have more pictures of these pieces when I get closer to finishing.

If the members whom I've shown these too, would like to share their opinions, feel free to.
Gotcha! Makes good sense and I look forward to seeing those locations. Cool stuff!

BTW BiG J, my buddy that has been helping me with this is 6'7 , 280lbs and he felt comfortable inside this cage. I met you briefly at TRR, and remember your on the taller side of the spectrum
Hah yessir, 6'9" 330ish. Has your friend put on a helmet to see if he can move around? Definitely would be interested in seeing pics of him inside with and without a helmet, as well as any shoulder and/or leg room concerns or constraints if he's willing.

Thanks!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The bolt in connections are kinda neat. The tube is welded to one side, then connected to the other side through a coupling that has a lap joint. The coupling carriers the load to the base material, and not all through the bolts. It's a good concept.

Joe

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the 6'7" 280lb helper elf, I'd just like to say I'm really impressed with the fit on the cage. There are some very tricky angles going on inside that cab, and by what I can only attribute to some sort of black magic WSI has nailed the bends keeping everything tight to the roof lines. I'm really excited to see the finished product.

OP
OP
Allied Offroad

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As the 6'7" 280lb helper elf, I'd just like to say I'm really impressed with the fit on the cage. There are some very tricky angles going on inside that cab, and by what I can only attribute to some sort of black magic WSI has nailed the bends keeping everything tight to the roof lines. I'm really excited to see the finished product.

Big and small, WSI fits them all!

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking about this a little more...

What about just a main hoop (b pillar) with harness bar in the middle, and tied to the rear hoop (c pillar)..

-Greg

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about this a little more...

What about just a main hoop (b pillar) with harness bar in the middle, and tied to the rear hoop (c pillar)..

-Greg

Safety issues. The seats are meant to collapse backwards. Harness bar prevents that. Would be easier to make a simple harness bar that bolted in at the shoulder point of the stock seatbelt's. Even then, you are sacrificing overall safety.

Ninja Edit:

I understand the whole issue of wanting harnesses in the vehicle. They keep you in the seat better thus giving the driver better control of the vehicle while bouncing the vehicle around. IMO it is better to find some long harnesses and bolt them down over back of the seat to the floor. Still allows the seat to collapse backwards rather than restrict it from doing so. I did this when I first started track events in my GT500 when it was all stock.

Last edited: