Whelen Micro Pioneer LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It will pop out, but then you have to trim it. Solve this problem by buying 4 Whelen and installing them all in the lower grill area. If I didn't have the winch I'd have 4.

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

But for the situation requires the front plate would it be best to trim that front piece...

What is the difficulty level of mounting the two lights? Brackets needed or with the supplied brackets work in that space needed?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But for the situation requires the front plate would it be best to trim that front piece...

What is the difficulty level of mounting the two lights? Brackets needed or with the supplied brackets work in that space needed?

You could trim it or if there is a plate covering it, leave off. The grill attaches in four places, losing the outer two won't hurt. It still would have the two in the center to keep it in place.

WSI sells a bracket that will hold 2 or 4 lights. The bracket is easy to install, but I think you might have to drop the bumper? Not sure as I haven't installed one of the redesigned brackets Jimmy put together for the non winch trucks.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The grill is easy to get out. Pull it out and use the bracket from WSI. You do. Not needed to drop the bumper., I did need to mill additional mounting points the inthe bracket to make it work. But those lights in there tighter than ****'s hat band!

Two Whelens are a perfect fit around the front plate.

PMs jimmy at WSI....

BFD72

Reaction score
Not only did I order a Rack from Jimmy, but purchased a set of Whelen Micro Pioneer LEDs to mount in the front bumper around the license plate.

1) If you live in a state that requires a front plate, The Whelen's are a perfect fit inside the stock bumper.

2) If you don't live in a state requiring a front plate, 4 of the micros would fit perfect in the lower grill opening. That is a ton of light too!

3) The output on these lights is great. They are the whitest LEDS I have seen. I would say 4,000 Lumens per light. The quality is great. Each light has a sealed housing with a gasket to keep water out. The lights also come with 4 separate lenses to change the pattern to each individuals liking.

4) I ordered the bracket as well. It worked and these lights are not going anywhere, but the bracket needed to be milled to make a perfect fit. Otherwise, it is a solid addition. Yes the bracket will work as is, but I wanted it flush.

5) One thing, I have learned, do NOT buy these lights unless you are buying them directly from a Dealer. There are knock offs out there. If you have a problem and send them back for warranty work and the serial numbers do not match your claim will be denied. These lights are only solid though Dealers like WSI! And yes Whelen is the same company that makes Emergency & Airplane lights as well!

*The pic of the Whelen's on the house, is them alone at over a 100ft away!

Some Pics:

I love the FORD in the grille! How did you do that?

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not only did I order a Rack from Jimmy, but purchased a set of Whelen Micro Pioneer LEDs to mount in the front bumper around the license plate.

1) If you live in a state that requires a front plate, The Whelen's are a perfect fit inside the stock bumper.

2) If you don't live in a state requiring a front plate, 4 of the micros would fit perfect in the lower grill opening. That is a ton of light too!

3) The output on these lights is great. They are the whitest LEDS I have seen. I would say 4,000 Lumens per light. The quality is great. Each light has a sealed housing with a gasket to keep water out. The lights also come with 4 separate lenses to change the pattern to each individuals liking.

4) I ordered the bracket as well. It worked and these lights are not going anywhere, but the bracket needed to be milled to make a perfect fit. Otherwise, it is a solid addition. Yes the bracket will work as is, but I wanted it flush.

5) One thing, I have learned, do NOT buy these lights unless you are buying them directly from a Dealer. There are knock offs out there. If you have a problem and send them back for warranty work and the serial numbers do not match your claim will be denied. These lights are only solid though Dealers like WSI! And yes Whelen is the same company that makes Emergency & Airplane lights as well!

*The pic of the Whelen's on the house, is them alone at over a 100ft away!

Some Pics:

Damn Fred......those things are awesome!

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn Fred......those things are awesome!

Thanks...I really like the Whelens. Perfect option for those requiring a front plate...

jimmy @ WSI is a dealer and they are not bad to install...

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much....

Btw---I ordered three sets of the decals. One never knows how long these business will keep making them. Plus Ford is cracking down on licensing with sellers.