Whelen Micro Pioneer LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only did I order a Rack from Jimmy, but purchased a set of Whelen Micro Pioneer LEDs to mount in the front bumper around the license plate.

1) If you live in a state that requires a front plate, The Whelen's are a perfect fit inside the stock bumper.

2) If you don't live in a state requiring a front plate, 4 of the micros would fit perfect in the lower grill opening. That is a ton of light too!

3) The output on these lights is great. They are the whitest LEDS I have seen. I would say 4,000 Lumens per light. The quality is great. Each light has a sealed housing with a gasket to keep water out. The lights also come with 4 separate lenses to change the pattern to each individuals liking.

4) I ordered the bracket as well. It worked and these lights are not going anywhere, but the bracket needed to be milled to make a perfect fit. Otherwise, it is a solid addition. Yes the bracket will work as is, but I wanted it flush.

5) One thing, I have learned, do NOT buy these lights unless you are buying them directly from a Dealer. There are knock offs out there. If you have a problem and send them back for warranty work and the serial numbers do not match your claim will be denied. These lights are only solid though Dealers like WSI! And yes Whelen is the same company that makes Emergency & Airplane lights as well!

*The pic of the Whelen's on the house, is them alone at over a 100ft away!

Some Pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0180 1.jpg
    IMG_0180 1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0190 1.jpg
    IMG_0190 1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0168 1.jpg
    IMG_0168 1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 175
OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you have pics from the side to show how flush they fit? They are quite tempting!

Good quality lights built in the USA with a 5 year warranty.

I think they sit pretty flush.

Pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0198.jpg
    IMG_0198.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 143

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome for you Fred!
Yes, after having put these light through many raptor runs and off roading puddles, they are solid.

I say you buy two more, then remove your front plate when you get to Havoc.

Yukon Joe
GLRE Support Raptor
WWW.RUNRAPTORRUN.COM

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like these lights...Maybe put a couple a set of hood mounts!

lane_change

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do these compare with the Rigid Dually's for the same mounting location? I will be looking to add lights to the truck as soon as it arrives, just curious which brand to go with for quality and performance. Price is not as important, unless something is simply obscenely more expensive than an equally comparable product.