Texas Raptor Run is going to SuCk!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Leave it to Greg to find just about anything! Yes that's the general idea. The one I saw had two piston hinges and held an LED light bar.

Does this version operate from an upfitter switch? Or is it manual? That truck looks sweet as well.

How I am planning to do it is with a linear actuator with momentary switch (up-off-down) this will be tied to the aux switch which turns on the lights and powers the separate relay for actuator circuit. This way you can adjust the lights for the conditions and the motor circuit is off when lights are off..
Still working out design and all the details with WSI..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How I am planning to do it is with a linear actuator with momentary switch (up-off-down) this will be tied to the aux switch which turns on the lights and powers the separate relay for actuator circuit. This way you can adjust the lights for the conditions and the motor circuit is off when lights are off..
Still working out design and all the details with WSI..

I think we should be neighbors!! Are you using the Baja Designs actuator? I see they come in 4", 8", and 12". They also sell the actuator switch. I like your idea of tying the switch into the aux switch.

I just watched a YouTube video of Jesse James' custom truck. It has similar light bar, but with two actuators. In the video it just shows the lights in the down position. Wish I could find the video of the LED light bar with actuators.

There are also some manual adjusting hinges and a quick release for laying the light bar down all the way. I see these causing issues unless you tie them down and lock the light bar down so they aren't bouncing around.

I assume the pic above is not your truck??

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think we should be neighbors!! Are you using the Baja Designs actuator? I see they come in 4", 8", and 12". They also sell the actuator switch. I like your idea of tying the switch into the aux switch.

I just watched a YouTube video of Jesse James' custom truck. It has similar light bar, but with two actuators. In the video it just shows the lights in the down position. Wish I could find the video of the LED light bar with actuators.

There are also some manual adjusting hinges and a quick release for laying the light bar down all the way. I see these causing issues unless you tie them down and lock the light bar down so they aren't bouncing around.

I assume the pic above is not your truck??

Nope.. I saw that he was selling it, but he was west coast and didn't want to ship it.
I think manual is good less parts or points of failure. But the linear actuators give you adjustability.

I thought about two actuators but don't think it is necessary. Guess it really depends on the profile of lights and force of wind pushing them back..

Last edited:

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would love to do this with a flip down light bar if it could mount to the rails of my PaceEdwards roll back cover. Looking forward to seeing this at TRR.

OP
OP
Allied Offroad

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To answer your question, I could easily figure some way to actuate the lightbar, manual or hydraulic/electronic (I would consider myself an industrial fabricator first and foremost so this would be super simple) , however I would require a larger deposit before we began. Thanks guys.

On a side note, this lightbar is configurable for hids as well. One guy who has this rack is going with 5 hids.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK - so finally after digging around I found the video!!!! I already have a chase rack, so I like WSI's light bar mount idea. Adding this actuator system would be sweet.

Ford Raptor ADD Chase Rack with actuator - YouTube

Baja Designs has the actuators in 4", 8", and 12". There are many other companies that sell them as well. The video appears to use two actuators tied to the same switch.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sweet! When can we get you preordered?

Need a quote on what it might cost. I don't think two actuators are necessary, and they would be twice as expensive.

Could you do one side only? Would the second side need a free moving piston hinge for support? Squatting Dog's pic shows the actuator in the center, but it would be seen in the rear view mirror. Maybe just off-center would work??

Thoughts?

Here's my current setup:

NEWEST

5698-dsc00083.jpg

ORIGINAL

4794-img-0280-small.jpg