New WSI Bumper & Whelen Amber Micro Pioneers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MudButt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome looking bumper and MAN that's a tight fit in the garage!
Got any side profile pics? I'm interested to see how a black screw looks with the dovetail

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also, special thanks to Kanakry (I think) for letting Jimmy use him as his "phone a friend" to verify which lenses to go with for uthe Micro Pioneers. I totally agree that the horizontal flood is a good compromise between flood and spot. Worked well in dust.

It wasn't me. He calls me for all his electrical advise. I'm assuming you have them hooked up to Upfitter #4.:sexywiz:

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
That was Yukon that Jimmy called, I was wondering why his boyfriend was calling him.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Vash

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, correction. It was Yukon Joe. Also, I did hook up the lights to upfitter switch #4. Thanks for the complements. I'll add a side profile pic when I get the chance.

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, correction. It was Yukon Joe. Also, I did hook up the lights to upfitter switch #4. Thanks for the complements. I'll add a side profile pic when I get the chance.

I know you did. He called asking questions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a trade off to each. What you'll really want is a combination.

The light rack a.) looks badass, and b.) has a lot of mounting options for lights and gear. However, the light out the front will be for distance, overhead and out the sides. The roof will cut off ground light close up.

The bumper lights put a lot of light on the ground with a low profile and simple install, but can be obscured by low branches, tall grass and hills.

If it were me (and, at one time it was) I would go with the light rack with two Whelen Slimlines out the back, and two Whelen Micropioneers in the front bumper or on the hood and a light bar across the rack over the roof.

Fact is, for the price of six Whelens and brackets, you could basically have 4 Whelens (micros and slims are the same price I believe) and the light rack.

To keep in budget, you could have the light rack fabbed with brackets for all the lights, buy them as you can afford them, and just bolt them on.

Food for thought.

Yeah there are tradeoffs for each.
The rack makes a BIG statement. I agree it looks good but the sleek look of all-bumper mounts would be cool too.
Low branches and tall grass are less of an issue here in AZ
I'll have to spend some more hours ogling the light rack pics i guess..

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn it! I'm trying to put off dove tailing my truck.... everyday makes it harder and harder. Main thing is spare tire. You know if you would have got a Scab it would have fit in the garage haha :poker:

Can't wait to see your smaller back up whelens when they come out.

OP
OP
Vash

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alan, I love the look of the Scabs, but I also hate the rear suicide doors. I used to have a '97 Silverado extended cab back when they did the three-door thing. It was annoying trying to tell passengers to close the back door before the front door and even then you have people slamming the front door first. CLANG! I also just like the additional space for stuff and people. I also didn't like how Ford mounted the seatbelts in the rear doors on the Scabs. Along with providing constant instructions on closing the doors I'm sure I'd have people trying to choke me out by opening the rear door before I unbuckled my seatbelt. There's also just something about a fixed b-pillar that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. lol.

As far as the spare tire, you could still keep it underneath. I only had to relocate mine since I needed to shorten the rear. The only way to do that was to tuck the rear bumper and receiver up closer to the rear. If you're worried about the look of the tire being visible from underneath then I think it would still look OK. A lot of guys run their tires underneath and only mount them in the bed when they offroad.

I was nervous about having someone cut on my truck. Eventually you just have to take the leap and do it. You'll be pleased with the results afterward.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Awesome looking bumper and MAN that's a tight fit in the garage!
Got any side profile pics? I'm interested to see how a black screw looks with the dovetail
Just added a side profile pic to the original post. Let me know if there's any other angles etc. that would be helpful.

Last edited: