Fire Extinguisher Interior Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OP here.
I haven't done any 90' jumps with it yet, but this thing is solid. I've tossed it through some whoops and pretty jarring stuff at a good clip... nothing. I forget it's there. Frankly, I can't imagine what type of force would make this thing move or rip from its mount. Mainly because it's not 'hanging' from anything — it's 'wedged' in and locked in place.

I did add a velcro strip (over the plastic strap), just to prevent occasional rear seat passenger from unlatching the strap tab by stepping on it (it does take some pressure). But even with the strap open, the canister is held in by the neck and needs to be snapped out by pulling on it.

Everybody thinks the truck came with it like that ;)

Hope this helps.

Sweet! Any tips/pictures on how you installed it and took apart the console? Also, I'm not quite understanding where the Velcro goes either.

Lastly, where did you get this FE and mount because it looks to be a perfect width and fit for that location. Thanks.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is what I did.
Very quick and easy.
This is a standard auto fire extinguisher that comes with a plastic bracket that it snaps in and out of and it is secured with quick release strap.

In this location, the whole thing is nicely wedged in to place, basically resting on the floor. I didn't want to drill to the floor, so I used the lower part of the console just above the floor to mount it. I marked the hole locations after finding a nice snug fit.
I took apart the back of the console (easy) and drilled two holes for the bracket.
The console plastic is nice and strong, but I still used a piece of aluminum plate on the inside to reinforce the mounting location. I curved it slightly for a nice tight fit.

The extinguisher is wedged in, so there are no forces that could rip it out even under the most extreme conditions. It doesn't move or rattle. It is easily accessible from every seat and yet, it is out of the way, tucked away in a spot that looks like it was meant for it ;).

One more thing I want to add is an industrial velcro strap in addition to the plastic quick release strap.

Sorry, no pics of the install process, but it really is quite simple.

i-8jPjdVk-X3.jpg

i-88fHXfq-X3.jpg

i-DFgWDhG-X3.jpg

I picked the same spot. Holding it down with 3M tape while I bolt it down. Any pics or instructions on how to get that back console off?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 52
D

Deleted member 12951

There are to screws on the back sides and you lift up and can pop off the back. I put an aluminum plate in on the backside with the drake quick release mount.
asu8u7av.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was able to unsnap the bottom, but I could not get to the two screws up top holding the console back. The screws are under the lip of the console top, and I'd have to remove the top to get to them. I couldn't see an obvious way to do that. :(

ary9yjeh.jpg

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I was able to unsnap the bottom, but I could not get to the two screws up top holding the console back. The screws are under the lip of the console top, and I'd have to remove the top to get to them. I couldn't see an obvious way to do that. :(

ary9yjeh.jpg

All you have to do is remove the console lid and pull up! Exposed both screws.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

ary9yjeh.jpg

You have it apart enough to do the job

Sent using Tapatalk

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm off to the hardware store to buy some screws and try again.