Fire Extinguisher Interior Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Awesome write-up!!
Great FE mounting solution 012BLUESVT!!
Do you think that this could work for a Scab as well?

Thanks!!

I'm thinking the room won't be there. I have a tape measure in my truck, I'll go measure it in a minute and tell you how much room is under the armrest in a SCab. Back in 5 mins with results.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Ok, as promised:

SCab rear door under armrest:

Useable length: 15.5"
Useable width: 4-5"

at 5" you might hit the seat cushion, I'm not entirely sure. Now I'd just need to know dimensions on WSI's kit and the FE to know if it'd work.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I'm still thinking I'll put mine in the floor in the middle behind the console just because it'd be easy to reach from anywhere in the cab and really there isn't enough leg room for anyone to sit in the middle in a SCab anyway.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very clever! And that's some obviously good quality mounting hardware. Well done guys!

For me personally, I opted for a floor mount, under the driver's side rear seat:

a.jpg

The primary reasons for this was (1) I wanted to carry a larger sized extinguisher, and (2) I wanted the driver to be able to reach with from the driver's seat, and the passenger to be able to reach it from the passenger's seat. In this location, the driver can reach it with a little work, and the passenger has a straight easy shot at it.

How accessible to do you think the door mount is from either of those positions guys? Do you think someone could realistically reach it from either spot? Or would either have to physically get out of the truck, and open the door to access it?

Again, nice work!

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said, everybody should by one from me and play around with different mounting solutions!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
lol, I probably will be buying one from you in the coming months. I'm also very tempted by your chase rack, but I can't with any honesty say when I'd be in the market for it.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
You should probably put one in the bed too, you know, so people outside can get to one if they need to. Since you're putting one in the bed, you need something to hang it on, so you might as well buy a chase rack. Since you're buying a chase rack, you might as well buy custom bumpers to match it. Since......well I could keep going....

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You should probably put one in the bed too, you know, so people outside can get to one if they need to. Since you're putting one in the bed, you need something to hang it on, so you might as well buy a chase rack. Since you're buying a chase rack, you might as well buy custom bumpers to match it. Since......well I could keep going....

Exactly! It never ends.

-Greg