Need Help ASAP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully your back on the road.
Mine went out while I was 3 hours from home. Has to crash at a friend's place for the night before driving to work the next day. It sucked. I now carry a spare harness at all times.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As long as the harness is the same, you can just carry an extra module.. I keep a generic relay with pigtails on it, just in case my craps out.

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Saw this a bit late now that you have daylight - but after adjusting the beam all the way down, you could try using tape to create an external upper beam cutoff. Wouldn't be pretty, but would get you home

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and help. Got in last night about 10:30 was not pretty but turning the lights down all the way worked. Got flashed a few times but not police trouble -- was helping my friend and gunsmith move back from Trinidad and had a couple hundred grand of rifles in the truck along with other stuff.

Just hope Dawson sends me a new relay asap. Got to have it for another long trip Friday!!!

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The relay in the TRS kit's harness is problematic no doubt. There was talk of a new waterproof relay/harness assembly several months back, but no such harness has materialized thus far. After three harness/relay failures I think I finally resolved the issue. The pins on the relay and the holes they fit into on the harness are tiny and very susceptible to water infiltration causing damage to the harness and erratic operation. When I installed my third harness kit I sealed around the relay at the boot that houses the harness with 3M Mastic sealing tape and then mounted the relay vertically with the harness at the bottom. The TRS relay itself is a quality piece that deserves a waterproof boot to protect the harness and relay connection.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HiDplanet : The Official Automotive Lighting Forum
I talked with TRS this morning and the new waterproof harnesses have arrived. I was assured that although the picture @ the TRS Store website has not been updated, if you order a new H13 Bi-Xenon harness it will be the new style. I ordered mine immediately.

Attachments

• Motocontrol Harnesses-5187.jpg
    Motocontrol Harnesses-5187.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 36