Twin-Turbo SVT Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M64D RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought our 6.2L were around a 9:1 compression ratio. I believe you could run 9-10 no problem without built internals.

OP
OP
TEXAS MOTORWORX

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If said Twin-Turbo kit was under 10k installed and tuned, that would be huge for that kind of power. Especially if it took it from 325 to 600 rwhp, an increase of 275 to the wheels..….

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To start I'm a huge fan of your work. I've been a lurker on your site for some time. I owe you guys a call for some other stuff here sortly.

Personally I dont see anyone getting 600rwhp off a stock motor safely. Everything to date (as far a stock motor and forced induction goes) is 600Bhp maybe 625 if your lucky. Anything after that and your riding the edge IMO. also what kind of abuse could that turbo take off road?

First hard hit and you'll know if it was a bad call. I think your stepping way out there to build a "budget" turbo making that kind if power. I know realistically if I was to approach a turbo set up being cost conscious I doubt I could afford a new motor when I blow up the stocker. It's just the deep end of the pool and you have to pay to play. As a shop it would seem like unnecessary liability to install a kit like that on budget minded trucks. If anything goes wrong internally you won't have many options (as a shop) to fix it. I didn't buy the Whipple until I knew I had the funds to replace the motor if it grenade it.

Can you imagine all the power hungry drivers turning up the boost, kicking a rod and towing their trucks back looking to you to fix them? Not this guy... One thing I have learned in all the years building cars is that you build what you can afford to fix. Budget and turbo does not make sense IMHO.

You guys do make a kick ass roll cage that come Christmas time I hope will be in its way to my garage. ;)

Last edited:

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go for it!

I would like to see a turbo kit that looks real clean and stock under the hood.. not to much power.... humm.. around 500~550 whp. small fast spooling turbos..

priced around $7k~8.5K

OP
OP
TEXAS MOTORWORX

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks! Appreciate the feedback. Stabilization of the kit would be key for any company. Twin turbos are typically reserved for street vehicles, or those wanting to take a truck like a Raptor and have it be a street vehicle... to each their own. Lower cost doesn't always mean cheap, or wrong. I would argue it means a brand name tax may not be associated with it and advancements could have been made. Either way, safety, performance and quality should always be paramount :)

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
How do turbos hold up to dust and dirt? You see them on sand rails but that's just sand. Something tells me you don't see them or any forced induction on race trucks or cars for a good reason. Just a thought, I could be wrong. I love the feel of a turbo.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would definitely be suited for street trucks, which I am sure is a large market. It would also be transferable to any other F150 with a 6.2 so would definitely have a large market to sell to. I say do it, personally I wouldn't want to go that route though.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well one way to look at the issue with dirt is you would have to need some really great filters. We ran turbo diesel engines on our big rock saw and HUGE Tesmec ditch diggers. There was tons of very fine rock dust and we had no issues. They would be 100% wide open all day. Same thing with tractors and other construction equipment.

Didn't they run an eco boost raptor in the Baja after the 6.2L raptor made it the year before?

BAJA 1000 2010 FORD F150 RAPTOR ECOBOOST PICKUPS - START - YouTube

OP
OP
TEXAS MOTORWORX

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This hypothetical mod would definitely be geared towards Raptors that spend most of their time on the street.

Last edited: