New style for 2013 rear bed cage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i like treys idea make some mounting points up high and on the side rails coming down for lights maybe even throw a taller bar up top to put a light bar to face forward over the cab but make it high enough so the cab isnt in the way of most of the light>looks very clean i like it loks great!! oh and lost of tie down rings or hooks would be good to you can never have to many when haulin A$$ off road haha

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Easily mounted and removed, by one person? I would like to occasionally put one in for trips, but don't plan for it to be there all the time.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice concept. I would like to see the behind the cab and upper bar a little higher for lights and to act as a roll bar to protect the back seat passengers should the truck roll. So gussets and roll bar strength should be considered. Why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone for safety and function.
I don't understand why the rear flip gate extender is still in there unless it was just for picture purpose. If your going to get rid of the flip gate extender then you could take those bars into the side of the bed farther behind the wheel wells to create more room between the rear bed rails. It looks like the level of the top bar is low enough to obstruct the rear view out of the mirror. The tires already obstruct a large portion of your blind spot when looking back so as much clearance of the rear window should be considered.
I think you have a good product there for sure.
Mil T

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I dig it. The only thing I would add is maybe make the top hoop taller so you could mount forward facing lights up there, or maybe even just add another tube in the middle to get the height to do it.

Then put a couple of tabs on the bottom side of the top hoop for some ambers/brake lights and it'd be money.

Nice Job!

Saber22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Utility wise...it looks as if it would "fit the bill"...but I agree with earlier comment regarding fitment for cans, tool boxes, etc. As for "looks"...not much to it...of course it is difficult to "dress up" metal tubing. But some flat metal trim, with perhaps a "raptor scratch marks" in the metal would be a great touch.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Would definitely like to see the top hoop a bit higher. And with some extra tabs to mount dust lights, LED whips, radio antennas and of course some extra lights would be great!