TSB 11-1-5 Canister Purge Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the main issue with having the dealer look at it.. some are flat out lazy and will look for codes if no codes are present they will blow it off.. "can not duplicate customers concern" I had mine towed twice to the dealer with stalling and dying issue.. Both times they were not able to figure out or duplicate the problem.. "Everything checks out and running good" that is after I had a video of the dying and stalling... Finally I get fed up and spent 5 minutes on the internet and discovered what the problem was, ordered the part and maybe 5 minutes installing it.. Problem solved...

Mictian

Reaction score
If I missed this question in the thread, then my preemptive apologies. For those of you with tunes whom had the work done at the dealer, did you have to revert back to the stock tune prior to taking it in?

I am asking because we just moved into our new Ranch Home!, and I seem to have misplaced my 5Star Tuner. If I am going to take my truck in for this TSB (it does a god awful ticking at start up), I will most likely have to order a new tuner since I cannot find my current one.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine has been doing this at start up for a while and once it's warmed up the ticking goes away. Now that you mention the poor running, I noticed the power is not what it should be. I just chalked it up to being cold. Mines a 5.4 also.
I will pick up the CPV. I also noticed today that the ticking was not there at start up. A CPV would certainly do something like this as a hit and miss problem.
Thanks for the heads up guys.
Mil T

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for bumping this up. I've been wanting to do this... So where can I get the part? Gotta go to the dealer?

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TSB does state for trucks equipped with 6.2 liter. Has anyone answered whether or not the 5.4's could have this same problem. I don't want to purchase if it's not the problem for the 5.4.

Mil T

GRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto on the 5.4 question

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2