TSB 10-22-6: 2010 Ford Raptor Rear Driveshaft Slip/Bump/Clunk During Light Acceleration or Braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know what the servie procedure is and whether or not we (2010 5.4L) have the 2-piece driveshaft?

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's the service procedure

tsb10-22-6serviceprocedure.jpg

As for the two piece bit... that's been a topic of debate. I'm pretty sure we have the one piece, but I can't promise it. Many Raptor owners have been told by their dealer that they've "lubed their slip yoke" which would indicate a two piece design. Of course it could the dealers are full of it and don't know what they're saying.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
As for the two piece bit... that's been a topic of debate. I'm pretty sure we have the one piece, but I can't promise it. Many Raptor owners have been told by their dealer that they've "lubed their slip yoke" which would indicate a two piece design. Of course it could the dealers are full of it and don't know what they're saying.

We have a one piece driveshaft. The slip yoke is on the end of the driveshaft and plugs into the back of the transfer case. As the rear axle moves through its range of motion, the slip yoke slides in or out of the t-case.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So this TSB does not apply to us Kaiser, correct?

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here I was hoping this was the clunk troll in my truck that apparently is really now the shocks. I wish someone would just clarify and then rectify the issue.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here I was hoping this was the clunk troll in my truck that apparently is really now the shocks. I wish someone would just clarify and then rectify the issue.

You're still dealing with that clunk? Didn't you have a shock replaced? What does the dealer say (do they hear the clunk)?

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I had the shock replaced a long while ago. I just quit taking it in, it's a PITA to keep dropping it off then picking it up. I'll wait a little longer, I still don't drive the Raptor that much...it's got 10,667 miles on it over 19 months.