Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor Recalls | TSB's | SSM's
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Recalls | TSB's | SSM's

2018 F-Series Recall

This is a discussion on 2018 F-Series Recall within the Ford Raptor Recalls | TSB's | SSM's forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
Does this recall affect Raptors? I haven't seen it say "Raptor" anywhere specifically but it is an F-Series. 2018 Ford ...

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2018, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default 2018 F-Series Recall
Does this recall affect Raptors? I haven't seen it say "Raptor" anywhere specifically but it is an F-Series.

2018 Ford Expedition, F-150 Recalled for Faulty Shifter

dgilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I looked at the Ford app and it showed recal notice for my 2018 raptor under my vehicle.
Michaelgrimaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

aka Rick

Mentioned: 402 Post(s)

That's odd. that clip came loose on my GEN1 and had problems shifting when trying to move it and at the time, I took it to the dealership and they replaced the part and fixed it under warranty. I wouldn't say that only happens on GEN2's.

2014 RR SE SCREW | #792 of #3396 in RR | #4568 of #22409 Total | My Mods: Click Here
2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 Torch Red Convertible | #58 of #463 in Torch Red | #249 of #2070 Total
Raptor Runs: TRR & Raptoberfest 14'/15'/16'/17'/18' | Time Attack 14' | Snoball 15'/18' | AR Run 15' | TRR Baja 16'/18' | Private Baja Jan 17'
RDFTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 11:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by RDFTS View Post
That's odd. that clip came loose on my GEN1 and had problems shifting when trying to move it and at the time, I took it to the dealership and they replaced the part and fixed it under warranty. I wouldn't say that only happens on GEN2's.
Hmm probably should check mine, is it where the cable enters the transmission I guess? I was just down there last month changing the transmission oil & filter, looked at the electrical connector and no leaks, didn't even notice where the cable goes in...

Old 04-18-2018, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

I just got the notice for this recall in the mail yesterday. Safety Recall Notice 18S10 / NHTSA Recall 18V-214. If this was a problem on Gen 1's, how do they not address it at the factory?

Risk - Unintended vehicle movement or roll away if the parking brake is not applied. I have not had any issues but it would sure suck to see my truck in a parking spot I did not park in.
- When exiting the vehicle, the ignition key can be removed with no warning message or chime (does not apply to us)
- The transmission gear as displayed in the instrument cluster may be different than indicated by the position of the transmission shift lever.
- No ability to restart the vehicle, unless the transmission gear as displayed in the instrument cluster is Park or Neutral.

They say it is less than a half day job.
bMwdefector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

this rolling happened on my '13 f150 twice. are they effected?
thepro8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

Originally Posted by dgilm View Post
Does this recall affect Raptors? I haven't seen it say "Raptor" anywhere specifically but it is an F-Series.

2018 Ford Expedition, F-150 Recalled for Faulty Shifter
I have a 2018 Raptor and was notified via my FordPass app. Had it taken care of and then got the letter from Ford about a week later. For me, it was just a visual inspection. There is a link on this forum somewhere where you can see if your vehicle is affected by entering your VIN number.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Originally Posted by bMwdefector View Post
I just got the notice for this recall in the mail yesterday. Safety Recall Notice 18S10 / NHTSA Recall 18V-214. If this was a problem on Gen 1's, how do they not address it at the factory?

Risk - Unintended vehicle movement or roll away if the parking brake is not applied. I have not had any issues but it would sure suck to see my truck in a parking spot I did not park in.
- When exiting the vehicle, the ignition key can be removed with no warning message or chime (does not apply to us)
- The transmission gear as displayed in the instrument cluster may be different than indicated by the position of the transmission shift lever.
- No ability to restart the vehicle, unless the transmission gear as displayed in the instrument cluster is Park or Neutral.

They say it is less than a half day job.
Same here, notice was in the mail yesterday for our 18

2018 Ruby Red SCrew 802A
14Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I had mine inspected this week. Took about 10 minutes total. The work order said "No adjustment necessary".
kenb is offline   Reply With Quote