2012 Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c-ne-elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IoN6 - you know that there is an option on the truck for setting how long the backup camera works, I don't remember all the options but the default is camera stays on until you reach 5 mph going forward.

IoN6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IoN6 - you know that there is an option on the truck for setting how long the backup camera works, I don't remember all the options but the default is camera stays on until you reach 5 mph going forward.

I did not know that. My 2011 must have been set to turn off right away when not in reverse. I'll have to take a look and see when I get back tomorrow.

Thanks!

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once in a while the reverse camera does not come on when in reverse did not know that the reverse lights were affected.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not know that. My 2011 must have been set to turn off right away when not in reverse. I'll have to take a look and see when I get back tomorrow.

Thanks!

My 11 Explorer did that until Ford did the latest Microsoft update, and now it stays on until around 5mph, which is very handy.

yoMTVrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you that had this happen to your trucks, did you notice that the back up camera would stay on unusually long sometimes when going from reverse to drive?

I haven't done the recall but I notice I will back out of the drive and the reverse light stays on for 3-5 seconds as I drive up the street.