The Real Lumens NO Marketing Hype

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

We have had a lot of people ask for the numbers and facts about LEDs and not the marketing influence. So we decided to do the research and make an informative chart and article purely based on facts. If you have any questions about anything please feel free to ask.

Baja Designs

LEDmakeandmodel-1.jpg
LEDmakeandmodel-2.jpg

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Working for a vendor in a technology vertical, I can safely say that product spec sheets have the potential of leaning in favor of the vendor. Would love to see some real examples in a test environment. I realize how difficult this can be. There are an increasing number of LED light bar vendors. Thanks for this info...it is useful.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No problem thank you for reading, we appreciate it. I definitely understand how it can seem very one sided seeing as we did the research, but we tried to keep this as scientific and accurate as humanly possible. Of course, many companies are upgrading/downgrading and changing constantly. We would also really enjoy real examples in a test environment, unfortunately we cannot do it ourselves because that would seem very one sided and inappropriate on our part. We believe this chart will allow people to see and do the math themselves and decide what light works best for them, whom ever it may be. If you ever have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

BD

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BD---this information makes it easier for folks to understand just how complicated LED lighting is. Good For You!

Hey Bird Boy--don't give me any crap about this!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
BD---this information makes it easier for folks to understand just how complicated LED lighting is. Good For You!

Hey Bird Boy--don't give me any crap about this!

sorry i can't read this, my Baja Designs Squadron lights blinded me.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have the LED information from the new Vision X LED's they're using in the Xmitter Extreme bars? They're a 5-watt LED, and the total bar with 78 LEDs is rated at 38,454 Lumens (493 lumens each).

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No unfortunately we don't have any information on the Vision X Xmitter Extreme bars, my best recommendation would be to call Vison X and ask them about their LED light bars. The only information we have on Vision X is on the chart.

Thanks,
BD

Last edited: