Roush super charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
The kit for the 6.2L as far as I've been told will void your engine warranty and roush DOES not do 3yr anymore on the SC.. Only 90 days.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a A & A vortech SC kit on my Z06, centri is fine on a sports car but i wouldn't consider it for a 6k lb truck. IMHO it should be a twin screw or roots type like the TVS/roush or the Whipple.

C6 ZO6------------------2012 Raptor

First 2.66---------------First 4.17:1
Second 1.78---------Second 2.34:1
Thrid 1.30-------------Third 1.52:1
Fourth 1.00----------Fourth 1.14:1
Fifth 0.74--------------Fifth 0.86:1
Sixth 0.50-------------Sixth 0.69:1

Rear axle 3.42----------Rear axle 4.10

One must account for Transmission ratio - And Rear Axle ratio.
After all . .:birgits_tiredcoffee . . Gears mutiply torque and affect RPM.
So, a Centrifugal will be spinning quite fast after you come out of 1st gear & into 2nd gear.
And you'll usually get better top end.
But, with that be said . .
Damm . . . I just like the clean look of the Whipple or TVS.

Joe.M@ROUSH

Reaction score
will this setup be backed by the factory warranty? or is this going to void it?

The Roush Supercharger keeps a 3 year 36k mile parts warranty, with an optional 3/36 full powertrain/drivetrain warranty. Roush handles all warranty concerns in house directly, vs. having customers go through a 3rd party warranty company, as many aftermarket manufacturers do.

brd o pry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to deal with Roush on the new tuned supercharger and exhaust. I had asked about doing the supercharger,long tube headers, high flow cats and exhaust. I was told that I couldn't because if I do the headers it would void my ford warranty, so I was just going to do the supercharger and exhaust. I have been getting conflicting answers to my questions. What I get out of it all is it voids factory drivetrain warranty anyway even without the headers and you do not get the engine bay plaque even if installed by them at their facility as the website says. You can buy and optional warranty with them but you can with others also. This system tuned is saying 525hp which they call a safe tune, Ok I can get that. My question now is what is the benefit of the tuned Roush system(525hp) over a Whipple, Procharger, or Hennessey since they all are in the 600+hp neighborhood?

Last edited:

wertsy

Reaction score
If you read the Federal statutes on vehicle warranties, NOTHING voids a warranty. As written, the law states that if it is determined by the warranty issuer that modification(s) is the DIRECT cause of the fault, they do not have to cover it via warranty. Now, this does give dealerships/service shops a very broad interpretation to work with but they do have to prove that your modification was the source of the fault in order to deny a warranty claim.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
77f6ce1c_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

^^^x2

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

The Roush Supercharger keeps a 3 year 36k mile parts warranty, with an optional 3/36 full powertrain/drivetrain warranty. Roush handles all warranty concerns in house directly, vs. having customers go through a 3rd party warranty company, as many aftermarket manufacturers do.

Does the warranty require dealer install?