My Valentines day gift...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got some packages yesterday! Hope to at least install the light bar in this weekend.

The picture with the 6" light on the hood is just placed there, I don't even have the Outlaw hood mounts installed yet, i was just placing it there as a reference. I wasn't sure if i wanted them up there, but after seeing it, I do! So i have a couple weekend projects I need to do. :)

Attachments

• MandR1.jpg
    MandR1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 61
  • MandR2.jpg
    MandR2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 62
  • MandR3.jpg
    MandR3.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
vanilla_gorilla

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm thinking so too!!! Can't wait to get them mounted.

I just need to figure out a cover for them when I'm driving around town, plus i need to figure out a way to make them theft resistant.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Looks good man, I just ordered all the stuff to do this yesterday, so I should have mine all set up in a couple weeks when I get home. Thanks for the picture of the 6" set up there. It gives me an idea of what it'll look like on mine.

In AZ we don't need to cover the lights as far as I know so I'm good there, but I need to figure out how to make them theft resistant too. I may just find someone to tack weld the bolts on after I get them on and adjusted. Do you think the bolt is big enough to punch a hole through below the nut after it's on and run a small cable through to lock it on that way?

OP
OP
vanilla_gorilla

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good man, I just ordered all the stuff to do this yesterday, so I should have mine all set up in a couple weeks when I get home. Thanks for the picture of the 6" set up there. It gives me an idea of what it'll look like on mine.

In AZ we don't need to cover the lights as far as I know so I'm good there, but I need to figure out how to make them theft resistant too. I may just find someone to tack weld the bolts on after I get them on and adjusted. Do you think the bolt is big enough to punch a hole through below the nut after it's on and run a small cable through to lock it on that way?

I like the tack weld idea, and i think the bolt might be big enough. let me take a couple pics and pot them of the mounting hardware. Standby...

OP
OP
vanilla_gorilla

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the mounting bracket/hardware. there is another low profile piece too, but I don't think that will work with the Outlaw hood mounts.

Attachments

• MandR4.jpg
    MandR4.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 47

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Looks like tack welds will probably be the easiest option. Just simply because there's just that many bolts to deal with. it looks like four of them will need to be secured, does that check? I'm not sure what the two allen-head bolts are for up front though.

Since you've got a set handy, do you see any other possible ways to secure them?