6" M&R Elite lights Take 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the write up and pics. Hopefully the mount install went smoothly for you!

LOL, kinda, sorta...but for the most part, it did. BigJs write-up helped, along with your suggestion to remove the struts, and Aarons recommendation to mark the mounts. But when i first got started, i forgot about the strut removal and did a little damage to the plastic piece under the windshield wiper, nothing bad, but i do need a new plug to hold that thing in. :)

After that, putting the clip back on to lock the strut in was a bit of a bitch...lol. Once we got it all put back together, i was hungry and ready for beer, so i didn't feel like doing the wiring. I'll be doing that today after my brother gets off work.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, kinda, sorta...but for the most part, it did. BigJs write-up helped, along with your suggestion to remove the struts, and Aarons recommendation to mark the mounts. But when i first got started, i forgot about the strut removal and did a little damage to the plastic piece under the windshield wiper, nothing bad, but i do need a new plug to hold that thing in. :)

After that, putting the clip back on to lock the strut in was a bit of a bitch...lol. Once we got it all put back together, i was hungry and ready for beer, so i didn't feel like doing the wiring. I'll be doing that today after my brother gets off work.
Well, its done and you can consider yourself an expert on this modification. :peace: Now all you've got is the easy wiring...as long as you've already done the connections behind the glove box, that is. If not, start chilling those beers now, 'cuz you're gonna need 'em to cool your knuckles and your nerves! :Jedi:

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, its done and you can consider yourself an expert on this modification. :peace: Now all you've got is the easy wiring...as long as you've already done the connections behind the glove box, that is. If not, start chilling those beers now, 'cuz you're gonna need 'em to cool your knuckles and your nerves! :Jedi:

Ah hell! Yeah, I figured i'd do the connections behind the glove box while my brother works under the hood. Then it's off to happy hour. Hoping for an hour tops to wire them up. fingers crossed.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah I cut my arms up a bit and had a couple hand cramps wiring everything under the dash.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Yeah I cut my arms up a bit and had a couple hand cramps wiring everything under the dash.

You need one of those quik-strip wire strippers. Oh my god what a difference 3" of wire would make with the pass thru wires. Its ridiculous how hard it is to connect them - relatively speaking :eek:

Sent from my right thumb using Tapatalk.