How To Wire Raptor AUX upfitter switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F1dadaa

Reaction score
Great write up!

Used this post to install a pair of led light bar fog lights. Instructions were on point! Used upfitter switch #3. I soldered all the connections and used heat shrink tubing. Removing the factory shrink tube on the wire ends and soldering behind the glove box was not easy! At the end it came out clean!

Attachments

• IMG_0630.JPG
    IMG_0630.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0646.JPG
    IMG_0646.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0647.JPG
    IMG_0647.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0650.JPG
    IMG_0650.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0653.jpg
    IMG_0653.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 249

Mr Jurassic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your input J damage. I just find it strange that in all the forums in all the years since the raptor appeared no one questioned the circuit until I read Mr Jurassic's post. I think its cause he is an engineer. A lot of comments on hardship connecting passthroughs.

Dang look at that i finally got some credit on all those pictures, work and research! Thanks MRL

Im about to add the spare relay (the one that came with the truck in the glove compartment if you didnt get the front camera) and use it so i can safely increase the size of the fuse without jeopardizing the safety integrity of the wiring ran from the AUX relays (aka upfitter relays) in to the cab. Ill take some pix and make a schematic when im done.

The relay model number is the same exact one that is currently installed.

Last edited:

steveie612

Reaction score
Awesome step-by-step instructions!!! One extra helpful hint once you are in/under the dash...disconnect the two large wiring connections to access the wires for connection.

Thanks for the info and photos for reference!!!

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason the upfitter wouldn't fire the bar every time? I haven't had much time to **** around with it but it seemed like any time I was moving tonight it wouldn't work. I'd stop and the switch would work. Regardless of movement the light on the switch would come on.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is there any reason the upfitter wouldn't fire the bar every time? I haven't had much time to **** around with it but it seemed like any time I was moving tonight it wouldn't work. I'd stop and the switch would work. Regardless of movement the light on the switch would come on.

My first guess would be a loose connection somewhere. Check all your connections, both under the dash and under the hood.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I change the fuses associated with the up-lifters?

I'm looking to add another set of lights, and I want replace the fuses associated with #3 and #4 so those can handle the higher draw from a 50" bar.

Thanks.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can I change the fuses associated with the up-lifters?

I'm looking to add another set of lights, and I want replace the fuses associated with #3 and #4 so those can handle the higher draw from a 50" bar.

Thanks.
Can you, yes. However not recommended. The wire gauge associated with switch 3 and 4 are smaller than switch 1 and 2.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

D

Deleted member 12951

Using a higher load on #3 and #4 will melt the wires and cause a fire if you put a higher fuse in it. Just use the lower switches to a larger relay then to better grade wire to handle the load. I have a 40" Baja Designs pulling over 21amps at start up connected to aux 3. Have 10 gauge for the light though