How To Wire Raptor AUX upfitter switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrociraptor

Reaction score
Just did 20" light bar and pods this weekend. Going to do rear lighting tomorrow. As I read the first few posts I laughed at the comment that said the only thing missing from the instructions was the bucket on the passenger floor to catch all the blood. After connecting the third wire I looked at my left hand which suddenly looked like a horror movie. My bad for thinking this was a figurative comment, not a literal one...

As an aside, I have no idea how anyone could do this with butt connectors.

Since I'm here, if my rear light draws 10.5A and I plan to put it on aux4, can I just swap the 10A fuse for 15A (so I have 2 30A and 2 15A)?

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just did 20" light bar and pods this weekend. Going to do rear lighting tomorrow. As I read the first few posts I laughed at the comment that said the only thing missing from the instructions was the bucket on the passenger floor to catch all the blood. After connecting the third wire I looked at my left hand which suddenly looked like a horror movie. My bad for thinking this was a figurative comment, not a literal one...

Since I'm here, if my rear light draws 10.5A and I plan to put it on aux4, can I just swap the 10A fuse for 15A (so I have 2 30A and 2 15A)?

No. It's not just the fuse, but also the accompanying wiring on that particular upfitter switch that is gauged for the stated load.

fyr145

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nick is correct! This is why we have different size (gauge) wires. Items that draw big power (wattage) need a larger gauge wire to carry all that current to your device. Using too small of wire will end up melting the wire and possibly start a fire. Simply changing fuse amps only makes the wire have to work harder to blow the fuse. This is a dangerous practice. If in doubt, always run bigger wire rather than smaller wire. Use appropriate amp fuses as indicated.

Yuuuup

Reaction score
Thanks for the post Birdman...excellent detail and discussion. I'm now confident I can do the install of Rigids D2's without having to pay a local shop to do it.

P.S. How much blood can I expect to loose while making the under-dash AUX wiring connections?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Birdman...excellent detail and discussion. I'm now confident I can do the install of Rigids D2's without having to pay a local shop to do it.

P.S. How much blood can I expect to loose while making the under-dash AUX wiring connections?

It is all dependent on how fat your hands are!!! I had zero issues, others got stitches......lol