How To Wire Raptor AUX upfitter switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
True, I wonder how many Raptor owners actually use their upfitter switches.

Quite a few Raptors around my area but most are stock. Maybe a light bar behind the grill and cat back at most. Hell, I have one switch left and haven't got serious yet.

mrl

Reaction score
From what ive been reading, it appears that it is not necesary to use the passthrough wires at all. Mr jurrasic's post shows that you can tap into the hot wires from the relays right under the aux relay box in the engine bay. Why bother connecting them in the cab? They run from the engine bay into the cab then back out to the engine bay for nothing. ?!?

Attachments

• 20094d1366202921-wire-raptor-aux-upfitter-switches-relay-bottum-wiring-2-.jpg
    20094d1366202921-wire-raptor-aux-upfitter-switches-relay-bottum-wiring-2-.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,255

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what ive been reading, it appears that it is not necesary to use the passthrough wires at all. Mr jurrasic's post shows that you can tap into the hot wires from the relays right under the aux relay box in the engine bay. Why bother connecting them in the cab? They run from the engine bay into the cab then back out to the engine bay for nothing. ?!?

You don't have to run back and forth if you use the pass through wires, once you connect them under the dash, you know have 4 hot wires under the hood, all you need is to ground your items to the chassis, then your using the relays and fuses the factory system has, the only time you won't need the pass through wires is if you are using the switch for an item inside the truck, other than that your making more work for yourself.

mrl

Reaction score
To make the end of the passthrough's that are in the engine bay hot, you have to make the conections in the cab (next to the glovebox. What im saying is that the wires that you have to connect the passthroughs to, yellow, brown, etc... in the cab, those wires run back to the engine bay. The other end of them goes into the aux relay box. So if you tap into them, right after they exit the relay box, you dont have to go through the trouble of connecting the passthrough. ?

Last edited:

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To make the end of the passthrough's that are in the engine bay hot, you have to make the conections in the cab (next to the glovebox. What im saying is that the wires that you have to connect the passthroughs to, yellow, brown, etc... in the cab, those wires run back to the engine bay. The other end of them goes into the aux relay box. So if you tap into them, right after they exit the relay box, you dont have to go through the trouble of connecting the passthrough. ?

I under stand, and yes you could, was just wonder why with your thought, nothing more.

mrl

Reaction score
I appreciate your input J damage. I just find it strange that in all the forums in all the years since the raptor appeared no one questioned the circuit until I read Mr Jurassic's post. I think its cause he is an engineer. A lot of comments on hardship connecting passthroughs.

Last edited:

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your input J damage. I just find it strange that in all the forums in all the years since the raptor appeared no one questioned the circuit until I read Mr Jurassic's post. I think its cause he is an engineer. A lot of comments on hardship connecting passthroughs.

No problem, everyone has there ways and reasons , its your truck and what ever way you find it to be easier , my thoughts are if a problem should ever arise with the up fitter circuit, and your under warranty, its just ammo for the dealer to state you were the cause, and not that your wrong, just ammo for them to screw you, because you didn't use them correct/fords way- design.
But that's my out look because of having a shit dealer ship, give me problems with warranty on my heated seat.