Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor How-To's and FAQs
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor How-To's and FAQs

Wire Raptor AUX upfitter switches

This is a discussion on Wire Raptor AUX upfitter switches within the Ford Raptor How-To's and FAQs forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
Yes, again. This time with more pictures and *hopefully* simplest instructions yet. 1. Choose your upfitter switch based on the ...

User Tag List

Like Tree158Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Administrator

Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Wire Raptor AUX upfitter switches
Yes, again. This time with more pictures and *hopefully* simplest instructions yet.

1. Choose your upfitter switch based on the current draw your lighting device creates. To determine the amperage, divide the wattage of the device by 14.4v. Amps = watts/volts

From the factory the switches are fused as follows (Fuse # in under hood fuse/relay panel):
AUX 1 30A (#18)
AUX 2 30A (#19)
AUX 3 15A (#44)
AUX 4 10A (#28)

2. Remove the dash panel on the passenger side by pulling straight out. It's made easy by grabbing on to the vent hole and giving a gentle pull. Remove the panel and put aside.

3. Release the glove box by opening it and pulling in the box sides to clear the rubber stops. The glove box will just hang down.

4. Take a look inside toward the right the glove box opening. You will see 8 dead end wires. Based on which AUX switch you have chosen to use, locate the corresponding wire and strip it (make sure the switch is off of course). The +12v power comes from these wires.

AUX 1 Yellow
AUX 2 Green with Brown tracer
AUX 3 Purple with Green tracer
AUX 4 Brown

5. The other 4 wires you will see - Green, Blue, Purple and Red are the "pass through wires". One end of them is behind the glove box, the other end is under the hood near the firewall on the passenger side. These wires are "passed through" the firewall for your convenience. They do not directly correspond with any switches, they are just there to use. You simply pick one of the wires, connect your corresponding AUX switch wire to it with a crimp connector (or solder, but this can be difficult based on the limited space), and move to under the hood.

6. Under the hood you will see the other ends of those 4 pass through wires - Green, Blue, Purple and Red. Whichever wire you connected your AUX switch wire to is the one that is now energized +12v (when the switch is on) and the wire you should use to run to your device.

From the factory, the pass through wires are taped to a wiring harness. Pull out the one you picked and proceed with your wiring.

*Example: If I want to use AUX 1 to power my 40" LED light bar, I will need to use the Yellow power wire that corresponds to AUX 1. I can connect the Yellow wire to any of the Green, Blue, Purple or Red pass through wires behind the glove box. Let's say I picked to use the Red pass through wire, now I am going to hook the positive wire from my light bar to the Red wire under the hood.

7. Once you have run more primary wire from the pass through wire under the hood to your light, you can move on to grounding the light. You can choose any of the factory grounding points that are very conveniently located near the pass through wires. I recommend just using a ring terminal and bolting under the factory ground point.

8. With your wiring complete, using some flex conduit and zip ties will clean up your work. Proceed with all connections and securing wiring using good automotive wiring practices to avoid any future issues.

Help Support FRF - Become A FRF Supporting Member!

Get Your FRF Decals

Play slow pitch softball? Check out Softball Forum!
BIRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Good work.

Hopefully everyone will be able to follow those easier.

Loaded|Mid Perch|2014 Special Edition Beadlock Wheels|35" Nitto Trail Grappler Tires|40" Rigid LED Upper Grille Kit|20" Rigid LED Lower Grille Kit|Viair On-board Air Compressor w/ Grover Emergency Air Horn|Weathertech Mats|Custom Red Accent Vinyl
hosseface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

so much easier to yank em through the side hatch and leave all the contorting to the young kids

Just saying

Squid 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

You are the man

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MRAutomotive

MandR Automotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by MandR Automotive View Post
You are the man
Thanks.

You were talking to me, weren't you??

Loaded|Mid Perch|2014 Special Edition Beadlock Wheels|35" Nitto Trail Grappler Tires|40" Rigid LED Upper Grille Kit|20" Rigid LED Lower Grille Kit|Viair On-board Air Compressor w/ Grover Emergency Air Horn|Weathertech Mats|Custom Red Accent Vinyl
hosseface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Nice write up, thanks!

Old 01-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

FRF Addict

And what if ur out've Aux switches? Mine are all used now lol

Mods:Saints Off Road bravo bumper, Mid Perch, Borla Stinger Cat-Back, AFE cai, badlahnze E-cut-out, M&R 40" light bar, Rigid specter 10" lights, 6K HID's, BakFlip F1 & BakBox, Line-X bed/Undercoating, Clear 3M front Guard, Weather Tech Floor mats All around, L.E.D. accessorie Bulbs, EL Glow SVT in Blue, DBS Screen, EZDOWN,Craven Speed
RatedSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Excellent write up!!!!
However you forgot to add the placement of a pan on the passenger's side floor to collect the huge amount of blood loss while connecting the wires......

Russ Out

Volant CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust, 3M Clear Front Mask, Lund Tonneau Cover, Bedrug, DeeZee Heavyweight Bed Mat, PDP contour mudflaps, Carbon Fiber FORD Front Grille Emblem, SDHQ Frame Reinforcement Kit, SDHQ ABS/Vacuum Guards, Coverking MOLLE Seat Covers, EZ Down Tailgate, SDHQ Tailgate Protector, JLT Oil Catch Can, Pop & Lock, 5 Star Tuning, Mid-Perch, Northlightlabs Door Detents 3.0
russm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:10 AM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Question: Why doesn't the wiring from the upfitters just pass thru the firewall, rather than have to connect them to the pass thru wires? Only thing I can think of is, if you want to connect an upfitter to a device INSIDE the vehicle. Not sure what that would be though. Thanks for the write-up. Well done!

BMWR1200GS, Harley FXDL, KTM 525 EXC
captainphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Another great writeup!

Now we need someone to do a writeup on adding upfitters. I am all out!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
shooterAMG likes this.

2012 Silver Screw Saints Offroad Front Bumper, mid perch, Retrofits 3" FXR w/ Evil Eyes, SW long tube headers, lightning style exhaust, 5 Star Tunes on SCT Livewire TS, Injen CAI, Method DS black w/ machned lip, lots of LED lights, LED tails, Hornblasters kit, WSI springs, RPG PSR w/cooler & filter, etc...
NickPic83 is offline   Reply With Quote