USB Flash Drive vs. Mp3 player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen1Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen some great threads on utilizing the Raptor's USB port and the secondary one under the dash, but I'm not sure if the following is common knowledge or not and I want to share.

I do not have or have ever owned a MP3 player/ iPod, but I got tons of music on my computer that I ripped from CD's.

So here is what I did...

I bought myself a 32 gb USB flash drive like this tiny one for under $15 ~ Cruzer Fit USB Flash Drive by SanDisk

Here is one at newegg ~ Newegg.com - SanDisk Cruzer Fit 32GB 32G USB 2.0 Flash Drive with Free Lanyard

I plugged it into my computer's USB port and copied all my music files onto it. When done, I plugged it into my Raptor's USB port and now I have my whole music library in my truck. It also displays Artist and song info.

Using voice commands, I say "USB" and it plays my music. It's super small, no wires to mess with and easily taken back to my computer to add more songs/ albums. I have over 1200 songs on there with more room too add.

I hope this helps some of you that don't have a mp3 player or don't want to be limited by your truck's jukebox. Here are a couple pictures.

Last edited:

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have the same one! i should rip all my music on my computer, i have been ripping them to the jukebox, and then loading all my "online purchased" music to the thumbdrive.

dbax2000

Reaction score
I did the same thing! I went with a micro USB with 16 GB. I have about 500 songs with room for more and the album art displays on the screen.

Here's a neat tip: You can rename the usb drive when it's plugged into your computer. I call mine "SVT Raptor". So now I can say either "USB" or "SVT Raptor" through the voice command to get to the songs. I should change the name to "Raptor jams"...lol

It sure beats an iPod and all those wires!

Bax

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a great idea, especially for the guys who off road a lot. No CD to skip or MP3 player to bounce around.

Yukon Joe

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I just got truck Friday and while syncing my music via BT, this is one step better. Just ordered off Amazon prime for $22.xx and be here friday.