Trailer question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vet

Reaction score
Hey gang! First post ... quick question.

Just got new toy (70 Challenger). I haven't pulled anything with Raptor since we got it.

I am look at 8.5 x 20 enclosed car trailer (2 axel). Total weight with car will be ~6600lbs. I know Raptor is rated at 8k lbs.

Does anyone else pull similar/same dimension (weight) trailer? Any suggestions.

Also (its been 25 years since I hauled trailers in the Army lol), the trailer has 7 Way Bargman Plug (RV) ... is that one of the pre-installed hook-ups on the Raptor?

Sorry for some newb questions - thanks for all help!

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, the Raptor is not designed for hauling. It's designed for high speed off-roading with a suspension specifically for that purpose. That being said, you'll be fine hauling your trailer around periodically. If you are going to routinely haul your trailer around AND want to preserve your Raptor's suspension, you may want to consider a different tow vehicle for the trailer. From my experience, just be mindful of the tongue weight. Ideally, you'd want to keep the tongue weight less than 500 lbs, but you can go a little north of that and still be OK. You just don't want your nose to be too high.

The 7-way plug will fit the Raptor just fine. Be sure the trailer brakes work properly and drive safely.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pull a similar trailer and load without any issues. Please make sure you purchase and install an appropriate weight distribution hitch. I tow regularly and didn't feel like it was safe until I installed my WD hitch. It made a done of difference.

I would opt for one with sway control as well, the Raptor suspension tends to allow a but more sway than regular F150's and the sway control hitch tightened it up nicely.