How To Paint rear emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Trevor*

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re-painted both emblems and clear coated this time. Wrapped center emblem with vinyl.

Attachments

• IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 468

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The emblems are easy to remove, the Raptor emblem is affixed with adhesive only, whereas the F-150 has a couple of posts that lineup with holes in the tailgate. To remove them I recommend goof off, dental floss, and a stiff plastic flat-edge tool (or a thin metal scraper carefully wrapped in painter's tape would work).

I haven't painted mine, but I did remove the F-150 badge and then relocated the Raptor badge to the driver's side to cover the alignment holes.

I did however LineX the bezel on the Ford emblem yesterday (plasti dip didn't cut it for me, kept peeling)... I like how it came out.

View attachment 12603

Where did you get the white and black emblem cover from? I would like a black and gunmetal or black and red one.

OP
OP
Trevor*

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can have the FORD emblem cut out made for you like mine. He can do it in several different colors. Send a PM if you want one.