How To Offroad in your Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, things do tend to heat up a touch running flat out after a while.

Kmandoske

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blue,

Great write up, thanks for taking the time to explain some of the electroince and what they do. Reading the owner manual was not as informative. Thanks again.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got a paper map, a tent, 7 days worth of water, more than one firearm, several knives, skeeter repellant, 2 packs of dogs, a six pack of chicken kabobs and a lets get lost attitude, am I good?

Bad_Rooster

Reaction score
Good info on the off road mode, I'm learning it as I have only been scouting twice, Huntin starts this week. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DRIVE TO GET THERE.
On the diff lock I read it said; will lock to 12mph in 2wd, 25mph in 4 hi, locked at any speed in 4 lo. So I do not remember it saying it was different in OFF-ROAD MODE. Is this true in off road as well? Or only if OFF-ROAD is OFF?

sandtrooper29

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great write up. Lots to think about. I have one thing to add or actually delete. Snake bite kits are no longer advised to use. The use of them can actually cause more problem and make thing worse. This is all according to current American heart association first aid guidelines.

alexyikes00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great info @BlueSVT ... im a new guy to raptors and new to off roaring completely. . This really helped alot..

Hopefully I'll see you around I'm In socal as well

VelociRaptorSVT

Reaction score
A lot to digest, but very good information! Thank you! To recap, if I'm on a beginner/intermediate jeep trail, not going high speeds, with some beginner/intermediate inclines/declines should I be in 4wheel drive hi + advance trac sport (press once) and that's it? Off road mode off and rear lock off? Thanks in advance.

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lot to digest, but very good information! Thank you! To recap, if I'm on a beginner/intermediate jeep trail, not going high speeds, with some beginner/intermediate inclines/declines should I be in 4wheel drive hi + advance trac sport (press once) and that's it? Off road mode off and rear lock off? Thanks in advance.

I would turn Offroad mode on for sure to us the higher shift point and better control of accelaration/deceleration.
Locked diff is personal preference and will depend on terrain