How To Offroad in your Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m25443

Reaction score
o Bumpers. ... The rear bumpers can also add extra strength, and in some cases reduce your rear approach angle, which can be very helpful.

Very helpful information. Especially the info in the front shock settings, rear frame, and reminders of being prepared before venturing offroad. Thank you for all of that.

I do have a question about the rear bumper comment. Isn't it more desirable to INCREASE your rear approach angle, instead of reducing it?

Mike.

OP
OP
BlueSVT

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very helpful information. Especially the info in the front shock settings, rear frame, and reminders of being prepared before venturing offroad. Thank you for all of that.

I do have a question about the rear bumper comment. Isn't it more desirable to INCREASE your rear approach angle, instead of reducing it?

Mike.
Yes, typo on my part! Good catch...

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many people install tunes that remove the Raptor's 100MPH limiter. Now, we know the Raptor's rear locker can be locked up to its top speed (100MPH), but if someone installs a tune that removes that top speed does it also allow the locker to be locked above 100MPH or no?

Yes, it stays locked above 100mph. I can confirm it does with the speedo reading 125+ and 114 on the GPS.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will also confirm it is tied to speed limiter.. After removing the limiter on my Raptor, the rear diff stayed locked @ 116mph..

However, I strongly suggest not pushing the 3 ton pig at those speeds for extended periods of time..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Last edited: