How To Offroad in your Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Many people install tunes that remove the Raptor's 100MPH limiter. Now, we know the Raptor's rear locker can be locked up to its top speed (100MPH), but if someone installs a tune that removes that top speed does it also allow the locker to be locked above 100MPH or no?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Great write up! I picked up a couple of things from it that I hadn't thought of before. Thanks for posting that.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When Off-Road mode is enabled, you can lock on-demand at ANY speed. When Off-Road mode is OFF, the rear lock will automatically disengage above 14 MPH or so? Can't remember if it's 12, or 14... somewhere around there.

Reason being, it's dangerous to have locked at high speeds unless your INTENTION is to have a very loose rear end. Makes for a lot of fun in the dirt... wouldn't be safe on the highway by any means!

I did not know that you could engage at any speed if in off road mode.

I do know 4X4 is on the fly no matter what speed or any configuration.

that is what I don't want to happen someone thinking diff is only on when in off road mode thanks for the clarification.
also that 14 mph is forward motion not wheel spin

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is an awesome writeup. At the TRR I was in off road mode, 4x2 and traction disabled most of the time. I did switch to 4x4 later on in the hills and shale. I never used the rear lockers though, will have to play with that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not using the rear locker probably caused your difficultly on the hill climbs, ducatisps.

I ran 2wd rear locked on the track and pulled straight up all of the tough climbs.

fostercd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it advised to use a custom tune for off roading or use the stock tune?

At the Texas Raptor Run, I used performance 87 tune, with off road mode, and Traction control off.