OEM HID Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a set of FX4 2013 HID headlights and decided to make my own relay harness vs buying one that was complete. Here's the wiring info needed to do it yourself.
You'll need to run a wire from the battery to pin 2 on each headlight with an inline 20 amp fuse on each. You'll also need to run a wire for the ground (pin 4). I ran a wire from each ground and spliced them together then ran a single wire to the battery ground.
pin 4 connects to the ground wire
pin 3 connects to the red wire on the projector harness
pin 2 connects to the wire that is added and runs to the battery
pin 1 connects to the red wire on the ballast harness
HeadlightWiring1_zps6ceac509.jpeg

HeadlightWiring_zpsbed9e53d.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BarryT82

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do I need to run the in-line fuses or just double up the wires? I don't want to half ass it. I don't want to explain to my insurance agent why my truck caught on fire because I rigged up some wiring to save a few bucks.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do I need to run the in-line fuses or just double up the wires? I don't want to half ass it. I don't want to explain to my insurance agent why my truck caught on fire because I rigged up some wiring to save a few bucks.

The existing hot wire/low beam/ballast wire needs nothing - just connect it.

The new wire you have to run will need an in line fuse on each side. 20 amp.

OP
OP
BarryT82

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any pictures of the harness? I'll have plenty of time to make it because my truck won't be returned to me this weekend. The dealership called me at around 6:30 and said they had to order a new rear window because they put a scratch in the glass on mine somehow. They won't have the replacement until Monday sometime. Hopefully I gt it back Tuesday. They've had it for 3 weeks now.

OP
OP
BarryT82

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received the harness today, but the pigtails haven't arrived yet. I bought the two inline fuses from radio shack, some wire loom, and a few other things I was low on like heat shrink tubing. Which wire on the pigtail do I run the extra hot wire to? The wires are all green so I'm not sure which number pin goes to which color on the 2013 oem harness. I know it's the orange one, but which pin is that?

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received the harness today, but the pigtails haven't arrived yet. I bought the two inline fuses from radio shack, some wire loom, and a few other things I was low on like heat shrink tubing. Which wire on the pigtail do I run the extra hot wire to? The wires are all green so I'm not sure which number pin goes to which color on the 2013 oem harness. I know it's the orange one, but which pin is that?

You should just buy a wiring harness from Hosseface, I did and had no issue putting in the 2013 HID's.