How To Nav Tv install and radio removal directions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Icecobra

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A couple of things I noticed in the video..

I find it easier to pull up the upfitter switches and disconnect them before removing to console shell.. This way you don't have to fight the wires and shifter at the same time.

The original nav-tv you could pull the center speaker and make almost all the connections to radio without pulling the whole dash. Is it that possible now with new system?

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

No you have to remove the lower radio box to get to the back of the connections... Alot of wires get stuffed back there and you need to place the control module where it is accessable.. I actually pulled the center speaker to look down to see if we could get to the back of the radio but not possible to reach...

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
seems more involved then I imagine. It seems you guys had to crimp wires and what not. I thought this was plug and play?

OP
OP
Icecobra

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
seems more involved then I imagine. It seems you guys had to crimp wires and what not. I thought this was plug and play?

You really only crimp the red on the gps antenna to output #3 and then two wires go under the hood to pickup the camera signal.. So 3 bullet connectors is all you need on the install we did. The ground wire just went directly to chassis ground so it is simple... Getting the truck apart is the PITA...

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great work fellas, wish I had seen this before installing mine. The teardown did seem pretty daunting after watching the lokpik install vid, but is pretty straightforward. By all means watch this complete video and/or call their support. I started my install on sunday, and had to tear it all apart twice, as the front cam inlc in my kit was not a apart of any instructions...

This link was helpful, as it explained how to remove the center stack without touching the lower console or messing with the drivers side dash cluster etc.
http://documents.victorytechnologies.com//documents/product/15786.pdf

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it would be nice to see if anyone else out there wants to give it a shot. but i remember a difference between that dash kit and the ones in our trucks