LED bar installation !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a LED bar .....IPCW LED Tailgate Light Bar .... this LED bar needs to be hardwired into the existing back lights (brake, signals, reverse). Did anybody install something like this and can give some expert heads-up? I bet it is not very hard...and I have the time and the tools.

Last edited:

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
they use 3m 2 sided tape i had one on my last truck for almost 2 years with no probs . you need to run the signals off the front and the break needs to tie into the third break light as the rears turn and break use the same circuit. i had one on my last truck and never got around to finding the third break light hopefully Nos can find what and where that wire is the rest is pretty easy.

OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wiring parts easy, how do those thing mount to the truck? i will try to get wiring info for you later today.

They come with a 3M self sticking tape, but I plan to put some screws. The place to nstall it is right under the tailgate in a protected space about 1.5 inch wide. Appreciate the help.

f150corey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most of those plug in to trailor harness dont they? i no the one on my buddies f250 u plug it in to the 4 pin and run one to back up lights. and it gets installed with 3m tape and zip screws.