Leave engine running and lock doors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unless you went to bed earlier. Then you'd have the same sleep. Or more. And a warm truck. Happiness all around.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I usually just push down the button. On my F-350, when you push the driver's door lock switch with the truck running, all the doors lock then the driver's door unlocks again. Then if you push the the lock switch a second time it stays locked. I think the raptor does the same as I have not noticed it being different, if that makes sense. However, if the truck is running and driver's door is closed and you lock the truck from the passenger side, everything stays locked.

OP
OP
Chris Crampton

Chris Crampton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two button trick works great, used it this morning. And a handy way to lock my doors when my hands are full and key is in my pocket. :waytogo:

And for those concerned about the Raptors well being, I'll only do it in a "safe" local.
I think Starbucks in Newport at 6:30 in the morning, I should be ok....

For some of the funnier comments,
-Yes I have a 100lb black lab with one eye
-I don't really sleep
-More drinking is good
-Pretty happy and haven't woken up in a ditch(at least not for a while)

Ok, back to posting off topic comments. Those are more entertaining.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2010 with 6 button Ford Factory Gold Alarm.
Hit remote start pull out key close door hit lock on remote.
It will run for as long as you have set the warmup time, I have 15 minutes set.

I'm going to have to try the keypad trick.

Last edited:

JWell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get a viper security system. Mine, you can just hit remote start on the button, pull the key out of the ignition and get out. Just hit lock on the remote or leave the truck unlocked if you don't have anything to have stolen. They try to take off and put their foot on the brake and it shuts off.

The best part is, while the truck is running in remote start and locked, the alarm system is on and you have tilt sensors, glass break sensors, etc. I love my viper alarm system.

Do you think the blue LED is to bright on your Viper system. Mine has really been bothering me...I feel like it's so bright when flashing that it attracts attention.