Installation of SDHQ Rear Frame Reinforcement Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

**** me I've just give-up after an hour of wrestling with this and barely managed to fish the longer pieces out of the frame rail. Now while I am mechanically retarded, SDHQ's idea of "Easy 20 minute install" is very different to mine. Perhaps with the bed off, gas tank out, brake lines disconnected and exhaust removed this is a 20min job.

I am advertising on Craigsist for a spider monkey with yoga training to help with the install. Failing that I will attack on the weekend with some of the tips in this thread.

Thanks,
K

Lol, hopefully your craiglist post will get you a *********.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Spider+Monkey

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh, @Kahuna, I think you're going at this with the wrong mindset! This isn't a contest between you and your truck, it's an act of love. Just keep the mindset that you and your girl are trying something completely new in the bedroom. :)

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
I don't understand what you are saying...........

I'm married.

Kahuna

Reaction score
Sure, joke was "I'm married so don't get to try new things in the bedroom".

I'll be here all week.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You would be MUCH further ahead to throw those 2 small pieces of medal in the pond and get a something/bump system that actually works.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Kahuna

Reaction score
Every part of me except my wallet agrees with you 100%.

Kahuna

Reaction score
OK, so I'm not just a mechanical retard but reading and comprehension are issues as well. After re-reading the instructions and this thread this morning I knocked the job off in about 45 minutes. I had been trying to feed the long bars a foot down the frame rail and bolt them from the inside. Moron.

So I must apologise to SDHQ, turns out the install is probably is an "Easy 20 minute install" for less challenged individuals.

Thanks to everyone on the thread, a combination of yarn and an old coat hanger made lining up the bolts easy.

And a special thanks to @Ruger for helping spice up my sex life. Wife didn't know what hit her.

K.

:everything:

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Excellent. You can't have enough ingenuity in your soul. :)
Glad I could be of help!
Now go forth, multiply, and fill your house with progeny!!!
(Yikes!)