How To Install F150 Headlight Switch fog / driving lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not think that the switch has changed at all. Mine looks exactly like the one in the pics in this thread. I guess I will just order a 2013 switch and see

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did this. The switch is the same and the pins can be removed from the pigtail to avoid cutting the factory wires. The individual pins say mx 19 on them but a search turned up nothing. To remove the pins the red cap is removed and a pick is inserted from the wire side releasing a plastic tab. The wire and pin simple pull out.

OP
OP
SVT_4X4

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did something similar on my Excursion which I think uses the same pins. Originally I did not realize they came out so easily. What I did was went to my local junk yard and cut a plug off of a truck, and used the pins and wire from that other plug, and put into the existing plug. Worked out well for me.

Reaction score
The switches from a 2012 and 2013 are different even though they look a like. I recently went to my local dealer and purchased a 2013 switch and the part numbers are different so is the price. The 2013 switch is cheaper than the 2012 and has a BA in the part number and the 2012 has a CA. The parts guys said the pins for the power where in a different location and that that is why the part numbers where different. I included a picture of the part number on my switch for those looking to purchase a 2013 switch

Attachments

• 20131027_122754.jpg
    20131027_122754.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the switch and the wiring adapter and did this install last weekend. Was able to pull the pins off the adapter and inserted into the factory harness with no issues. Work great - thanks to OP for this idea!!!

OP
OP
SVT_4X4

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy a somewhat standard light relay online or at the part store with a wiring harness.