How To Fix your sagging front bumper piece

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
S the other day I contacted patsraptor and he came up with a good easy way to fix that god awful sagging front valance piece underneath our grills... All you need is some scrap metal preferably 1"however much you need depending on sag, rivets, rivet gun, spray paint, cut off wheel and drill with bits...

Started off by cutting the pieces in a general length to get proper fitment.
Moved on to getting the bends correct and trimmed the pieces and finished off the edges by grinding them round.
Drilled the rivet holes and lifted the bumper to prevent any sagging and marked my holes in my bumper for the rivets.
Drilled holes in bumper while waiting for the brackets to dry from painting.
Mounted up brackets and walah! No more sag!

Cheap and easy mod to fix the sag and so far has held up ver well... Hope this helps!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 237

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sagging of the very front? I've seen some pics where the after market bumper looks like it doesn't fit right. Usually it looks canted back.

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Right where the bottom of the ford grill meets the painted fiber glass lower part is where almost everyone gets sagging from having aftermarket front bumpers since there's no longer support... So a lot of us have two options... Deal with the sag or fab up some brackets lol

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
These are what I actually made... Pics don't seem to be working I'll try to get them up later

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really is a easy fix. I used a bracket from the old take off bumper 2 simple bends and mounted it to the frame.

You can see that valance panel looks vert straight.