Door Chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want to get rid of the door chime, has anyone considered just disabling the door sensor at the source? Just bypass the switch loop, and it wont ding for doors at all.

This does not strike me as a good idea. I think it would eliminate the door open warning provided by the productivity screen (a safety feature), and I think it would also eliminate the dome lights coming on when you open the door.

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this also disable the dome light coming on when the key is pulled out of the ignition?

EDIT: I want to disable the dome light coming when I pull the key out with the doors closed.

Roll your instrument dimmer all the way to the left, you'll feel a 'click' on the left end.
Once it clicks, the dash light will be at a decent amount of dim-ness but the bed lights and both dome lights won't come on.

Roll the dimmer back to the right to make them come on again (fully clicked to the right turns all dome/bed lights on)

:peace:

RKBA

Reaction score
I was getting ready to do this and then I discovered that you can trip the latch in the door and the chime go off as if the door is closed. When I'm ready to close the door, just pull the handle and the latch releases. Problem solved.

996Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was getting ready to do this and then I discovered that you can trip the latch in the door and the chime go off as if the door is closed. When I'm ready to close the door, just pull the handle and the latch releases. Problem solved.

Thanks for the tip!!! Works perfectly, I have a 2010 so no productivity screen.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The door latch trip works perfectly! Just don't forget and try to close the door :D

The "OK" does NOT work for me at all. Maybe its a model/year thing? FWIW I have a 2010 non-nav super cab.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The door latch trip works perfectly! Just don't forget and try to close the door :D

The "OK" does NOT work for me at all. Maybe its a model/year thing? FWIW I have a 2010 non-nav super cab.

I had my door open over the weekend and was listening to the radio and the chime wouldnt shut up. My HUD screen said "Door ajar" and I hit OK on my steering wheel, and the chime stopped. Not sure if I was on AC or ACC, etc, or if the engine was running, but I remember saying "omg I cant believe that worked."