DIY: Bed Bolt Removal With Factory Liner + Extra Tie Downs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not taking credit for this DIY, did a quick search and have found write ups that I had followed - though I think a better in depth one would suit a beginner DIYer that purchased a Raptor with factory liner.

This will let you easily remove the bolts that are most likely covered by factory liner + install more mounting points.

What you will need:

Chisel

Hammer

Torx 50

Drill

Drill Bit

MOPAR RING RETAINERS - Part # 05104500AA

Use chisel and hammer to easily and quickly remove factory liner.

babuvuja.jpg

egazyvad.jpg

amyqu9am.jpg

gy3amuse.jpg

Torx Plus 50 to remove the bolt. Once it comes up, you will need to pull it out with the hammer due to the washer attached. It tucks into the bedliner

3any6uqe.jpg

You will need to remove the washer on the bed bolt. Some have used a large socket to remove it. I didn't have one big enough so I went ahead and used a drill and a drill bit to shave off the lips.

ja6aryja.jpg

Once removed, sandwich the MOPAR Ring Retainers in the middle. The ring actually has a little lip, make sure it is on the top side, and the flat side is on the bottom.

me5ave4a.jpg

Finished product.

ujadu4y7.jpg

Hope the chisel part helps.

Last edited: